Friday, November 30, 2007

Happy Friday..... And a WIP

Okay, so we will be inconvenienced by the well issue. However, one inconvenience has been offset by a huge convenience factor. Mom lives alone. She is tickled pink that she is going to see us so much. And HERE is the huge convenience ----- she has told me that if I will bring a load of laundry everynight - she will add her few things to it and have it ready the next night - dry and folded. Just how dang cool is that. I bought a bottle of laundry detergent and hauled a basket to Royston - oh yeah, call me lots of things but stupid is not one of them. We will pay the increase in her water bill for this convenience. Cheaper than a laundromat and definitely cheaper than a maid.

Recovery news - I rested really well last night - more like crashed and burned - but I needed it. Today - I feel almost back to normal but without the lethargy and fog from the medications I have been on for years. I have a tiny bit of discomfort. But nothing significant. I have a beanie hat to finish this afternoon and it is a stunning day. It is also my last 1/2 day of work - back to full reality next week - this afternoon I may sit in the porch swing and finish this hat before taking off to a basketball game.

Tomorrow will find me working on the piecing for this little lovely.


While Charles was building walls in the barn, I was doing the same on fabric. Another UWIH item as well. Those long lines in the background are designed to be boards. I will handwash this tonight and pin it out for blocking. I have the fabric selected for the rest of the item. You won't find the finished one here, but I will post it over at CIP when I finish, this is one of the projects I listed for my Sister over there.

Tonight - I'll just be stamping and gluing tags and cards and such for the CIP packages.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Mrs. G. said...

May I just say that I love your mother. Have a great weekend too.