Thursday, November 29, 2007

The well is dry....

Literally. last night Abby drew the short straw. We have a bored well. For you city girls that means nothing, but for us rural folks - we rely on our well. The south is in a drought right now and we are officially out of water at our house. Tonight - Charles and Molly will shower at his office - Abby and I will go to my Mom's. We loaded the truck with coolers of water this morning at the church and will use that for flushing and face washing and tooth brushing. I will hand wash what few dishes have to be and my children will become familiar with the cultural phenomena called the laundromat.

The plumbers seem to think we can limp along until the spring. We will try and put back money for a new well - just in case. The well recovered but there is just not much water there at all. So we will join the ranks of those who are strict about conservation.

Now on to more fun things.


Look carefully - that is my dining room floor and yes those are sparkles - teeny bits of white glitter. Right next to the island between the living and dining rooms. I just had to have this picture before I cleaned it up.


How did the glitter get there? Inquiring minds might want to know. Well the glitter was in this bowl it was being sprinkled on things and obviously I am just not as tidy with it as I would like to be. When ever I work with glitter it winds up everywhere. Including on me. I just tell people that it's the good fairy coming out.


What was I sprinkling the aformentioned glitter on? Well ----- sticks of course. Sticks that have been spray painted silver. So far in this process I am USING WHAT I HAVE.

Here is where UWIH ended. Those red birds - I had to have them to complete the project. So I bought them and spent - 3 dollars and 21 cents. Not too bad. They were inexpensive, but they didn't have wires on them - so I improvised. Stuck a hole in the bottom with a toothpick - hot glued pieces of pipe cleaners.

Night before last I had crocheted and crocheted, using up some scrap yarn I had. 6 rows - quick and simple - round and round.

SO HERE'S THE BREAKDOWN

STICKS + GLITTER + SPRAYPAINT + YARN + PIPE CLEANERS + BIRDS =



really cute little birdies on their nests.

What cha think ya'll?????

Have a wonderful day ---- Teresa

6 comments:

Vallen said...

You know how I love nests and these are stupendous. Absolutely gorgeous. I love having glitter everyehere. It does seem like something magical has happened.

Roxanne said...

Gorgeous little birds and nests! What bird doesn't need a little glitter on their branch. Genious idea, well worth the money! :)

LaurenSmash said...

ahhh those are adorable :D

Elizabeth Prata said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth Prata said...

Nice project! The well thing is troublesome. More and more people around here are saying their wells are running dry. I learn this at the laundromat...where all the dry well people are going to do their wash. I am lucky so far, our well is OK, I just don't own a washer dryer so that's where I always go. One lady I talked to last week has horses and has to haul water to fill their troughs...hard work.

Anonymous said...

SO SORRY TO HEAR THE WELL IS DRY. WHAT AN INCONVIENCE.....THOSE OF US WHO HAVE WATER ARE TRULY BLESSED. NONE OF US APPRECIATE OUR WATER UNTIL THE WELL RUNS DRY!!! GOD BLESS US ALL WITH RAIN FOR A HIGHER WATER TABLE. h & a.