Friday, November 09, 2007

Please don't be jealous

MaryAnn - I am sorry if I embarassed you. I really want to come and play at your house. And I want to have a wonderful party and all of us sit in my studio and play (this will include margaritas and sweet tea.)

Now about the title - looking at all of the glass storage in previous posts - it is obvious that I like glass things too.

Tracey - my little sister - is in the process of cleaning out the house her in-laws lived in. She sent a huge shelf for the barn and sitting in the shelf was a box. None of this is expensive stuff but I will be using these for storage and prettiness in my world. Just look what was in the box. Most importantly--- the word of the day is "FREE"


I haven't even cleaned these up. This is exciting for me. I have favorites - the turquoise blue in the back and the teeny little cut glass dish (just behind the brown vase) that has a bird on the top. The tall skinny bottle will be cleaned up and lace and bits added (Curious Sofa Style). I'm thinking this will be a goodie for a friend.

Molly made the travel volleyball team and Abby made the high school basketball team. Our life continues at breakneck speed. There are meetings and job assignments and team mom duties to contend with and here I will be laid up recovering. I want to thank all of the local friends who are picking up the slack for me. Please don't volunteer me for the junk crap just cause I'm not there to defend myself - LOL.

Am I ever gonna inhabit that studio? I am incredibly impatient now. I have storage pieces ready to hang and shelve. I have boxes at the ready for yarn and fabric. But the vow was to do this without borrowing money and I will accomplish that. I get so overwhelmed with the feeling of debt and looking at how much college will cost. I really have no idea how this is going to be accomplished. And the man at my address just will not discuss any kind of plan. Apparently he is quite comfy just coasting along.

Things at work are almost under control. I have one more major work day. TODAY. Monday I will be out for a large portion with preop stuff and Tuesday -I'll be going over everything with the boss. I am really just ready for this to be over and done with.

Ball tournament tomorrow and Sunday. I'll go tomorrow and then be home on Sunday because of Sunday School and Youth play practice.

I hope all of you have a fantastic weekend. See ya Monday.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Prata said...

Good luck getting everything done. I wish you well on that. I admire you sticking to getting the studio finished without borrowing, too.

Are you going to the estate auction in town Saturday? Even for a minute? Sure to be glassware there.

Those glass bottles in the previous post were gorgeous!!! I loved looking (drooling), thanks for posting them.

Mrs. G. said...

Too late...I"m jealous.

Anonymous said...

Teresa,
I need your shop name, email, city and state if you are signing up for the Atlatna Market dinner. (I wasn't sure by your blog comment to me.)

Debbie

Very Mary said...

Embarassed? Me? Girl, you know me better than that! I ain't no thin-skinned thing!