Thursday, February 14, 2008

I found it....

Yesterday I was sick - flat out sick - what we call "snottin' and sneezin'" at our house. Low grade fever - the works. I called in at the church and begged someone to cover for me. I went home and went to bed. By 7:30pm I was crashed and burned and today I think I might be human again.

The mail had left a lovely package from Kristen - I'll update about that tomorrow. Goodies galore. Thank you sweetie. I knew I was going to try and get a little rest, so I had picked up some of my favorites at the book store. Did not read anything -- but I brought this in with me this morning.



Wow - what an issue. See right there in the middle of the front. GO GREEN! I will not even pretend that my carbon footprint is small, but we are trying to be more aware and make better choices. I read the article this morning at my desk in paragraph increments between job duties. Heart racing - ideas abounding - one of those articles. Featuring the work and writing of an artist named Natalya Aikens. Hop over and read about her at her cyber blog home -- Art by Natalya .

You all know that I repurpose many items for storage in my home. I recycle some items - cannot tell you the last time I bought small trash bags. I use pattern tissue for wrapping and packing items. If you have ever received a boxed package from me - I can almost guarantee the box was reused from the pile at work. I even recycled the lumber for the walls in my studio. And I have made no secret that I am USING WHAT I HAVE instread of continuing to fill the stash.

Well the page just past the article was the issue challenge - and it is perfect for me. A 5" x 5" art quilt that uses the techniques from the article. Go here to read about this challenge. This fits my unwritten artist's statement for the moment and it also fits a personal challenge to submit something to a magazine. I will be gathering the materials immediately for this one. Wish me luck here. I already have an idea for this one.

In addition - the new Somerset Life -has a couple of challenges that I will be submitting. I will be sending the CIP pennant kit to them -including duplicating January and then mailing them one through the rest of the year. I will also be making more button fairies for a challenge there too. Wish me luck on these as well.

I'll be digging through my materials tonight after I get home and over the weekend as well - no activites planned for Friday/Saturday. Molly has scholarship day at Piedmont College on Sunday. Work will be happening on the studio and I will be working this art quilt in my brain and creating a tray of materials for it.

See - I got a challenge and my creative mojo is back.

See ya'll tomorrow - have a great day.

2 comments:

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

it so nice to meet a kindred spirit, even if only in cyber space.. thank you for your kind words and I look forward to seeing your challenge quilt!

Elizabeth Prata said...

I'm sorry to hear that you were sick, but glad you are doing better. Have fun doing the quilt!