Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Inspirations

A sketch for the Quilting Arts Green challenge. I am posting this since the finished item will more than likely not look anything like this.

For more than a year I have had a phrase written down. Stonework and stained glass - the phrase has repeatedly echoed through my brain. This photo by Corey Amaro triggered the initial thought process and I have been waiting on the cycle to complete itself. Funny - the sketch looks nothing like the photo.

All along - I knew I wanted 3d texture and had an idea of making the stained glass window from wire and floss. Now I am expanding this idea into the art quilt for that challenge. Here's a list of what I have gathered so far -- see what you think.

linen scraps ----- pea gravel ------ seed beads off of dress trims ------ wire mesh ------ rug hook canvas scraps ------ paper in shades of green ------ twine ------ cotton yarns ----- old postage stamps with flowers and birds ----- upholstry yarn remnnts.

Now to figure out how to attach those stones using something recycled or repurposed. Any ideas. I was kind of thinking shrink wrap but I am just not sure.....

Help - feedback - confusion - please.

Also - I want all of you to go over to see Bill at Loving Her Beautiful . He has a wonderful project that I will be participating in and with his permission I am inviting you to look at and join with us.

Have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Very Mary said...

I'd love to be a quilter. Alas, I am just a no-class, trailer-trash off-putting bitch. Sigh.