Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Paying it forward

Hey everyone - Wednesday after a long Tuesday. I have been feeling icky for several days - but last night, one of those migraines that requires the phrase "stop the car I'm gonne puke" took hold of me. And while I never actually threw up - I prayed and begged God to please let me so I would feel better. Thank you for lovely prescription drugs that will take care of those headaches.





Soccer season has started - last night's game was almost two hours from home. Molly scored the only goal - from her midfield position - GO MOLLY. I did get a few rows done early on the pink blanket.





Back in July - I posted a pay it forward challenge . Suzanne from the JuneAugust blog was one of the commentors on that post. Well I am finally mailing her materials.





I had this light and lofty yarn - one skein only - in the stash and decided to use it. I love the colors. I made a beanie hat - of course - cause I have been the queen of beanie hats. This stuff is a nightmare to work with - the thick and fuzzy bits make it hard to see what you are doing. I used much profanity in public while making the hat AND I had yarn remaining. That would never be used unless I simply buckled down and used it.



Here is the second half of the gift.






Wish I had made this first. There was NO cursing. The neckwarmer/cowl/cervical collar was easy to finish. Double crochet around the previous rows post. So Miss Suzanne has on the way a lovely hat and neckwarmer set. Lucky for her - she lives in Canada - and in my impression it gets cold.






Look at the close up -are these colors wonderful or what. I had the best time playing in the buttons too. Vintage coat buttons sewn on with wonderful heavy cotton upholstery button thread. Honestly - I almost kept this for myself.






As everyone who knows me can vouch for - I love a pretty package. I have posted gift packing and tagging ideas over at CIP and I used one of my favorites for this package. Old pattern paper and lace. The really pretty tag was a gift from JenB.



This lovely will be going in the mail this afernoon.


Tonight is church - then a little decorating for the winter wonderland next weekend. The man is supposed to hang ceiling in the studio (that is what Iwant for Valentines day.)


MaryAnn asked what I was going to call the studio - I have referred to it verbally as MaggieGrace World all along - but do any of you have ideas. The blog and the soon to be opened etsy shop both go by MaggieGraceCreates - I am open for suggestions. Please throw your ideas in or simply vote if you agree with the direction I am off on.


Have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

What a warm and cozy neckwarmer. It's very feminine.

Very Mary said...

I love the idea of "Maggie Grace Studios"! Why change a good thing?