Monday, February 11, 2008

Lost it ......

And I feel awful about it. I have lost all control of my life. Between work - kids - church - sports - house - and on and on. I have NO control over what happens right now. Spent the weekend in Birmingham, Alabama (really Moody and Alabaster). There are rumours that this is a great place to visit and do things. I cannot vouch for that because all I saw was interstate and gyms.

We were there for 2 days and played 4 games. Understand this - we have played 6 games in one day and not been terribly fatigued. This was one of the most disorganized and poorly run tournaments I have ever attended. The two venues we were at never even offered tournament tshirts - Saturday afternoon we played late - not too horrible - but Sunday we arrived at the gym at 9:30am and did not play until after 3pm. It would have been wonderful to sleep in - I was feverish and miserable. Too long to take the girls shopping - Sunday movies don't start until later. So really no way to kill time. Luckily the weather was stunning - and warm - the girls lounged on blankets in the grass and I sat in the sun and crocheted. I'll share photos of that project later in the week.

A college recruiter was there to watch Molly - let's just say what a disaster that was - it is hard to pump up for playing and then sit around and wait for endless hours. The entire team was just flat.


We did not get home until around 11 last night. I snapped these few shots as I was waiting on showers and unpacking the truck. Just a few images that make me happy. God knows after this trip I need something else to focus on.


My spool rack - bought at an antique mall in the north Georgia mountains. I love this piece. Right now it hangs on the wall in the hall - by the bedroom door. It will be moving to the studio very soon.

My vintage cola crate. Hanging over the computer table in the living room. (Having the computer in here keeps me aware of what the girls - and the man at my address are doing) The black and white photo on the top is my Nanny Frances - my mother's mother. That is a naked baseball sitting on the jar candle opening - don't ask - I do not have a clue as to why I have this - but it is handy to tack notes to.

My little stairstep drawers. That is one of my Daddy's knives. I bought this at a festival. Love the contrasting stain on the drawer fronts. This is hanging by the front door (the one no one uses) and I keep matches in one drawer, those buttons that come off clothes and such in one(the kind you find in the washer and dryer) , and random assorted junk in one.

There you have just a few "spots" of happiness at my house.

Hope this finds all of you having a wonderful day.

Teresa

1 comment:

Mrs. G. said...

I'm sorry the tournament was flat and dreary. But, on a lighter note, those stairstep drawers are the coolest thing going. I have never seen such a thing, but now I covet them, in a nonsinning kind of way.