Monday, February 25, 2008

Fun stuff ...

Good Monday morning. Yet another activity filled week and weekend to come. The Home and Garden Show for my local area is this weekend and we will have a booth. I'll be setting everything up on Friday and then be there all weekend working. At least I do not have to be Mom at all for the weekend - the monsters and the man at my address will be gone snow skiing with the church. Looks like a Chinese takeout kind of weekend.


Look at this picture. Some things are just not fair. After I posted this last week, I received an email from the man's relative - Dennis - with this picture as an attachment. Seems this is the view from his bedroom window at sunset - I would have a terrible time leaving this view at anytime. This is just beautiful. My dream home has a view of water from a sitting area. Dennis, thanks for sending me this - it really is pretty - we need to see it in person really soon.

More fun - the WIP for the Quilting Arts challenge. A scrap of Aida cloth. Rug canvas that came in a box from this generous soul. Black floss left over from a stocking kit. So far every item qualifies for the challenge. I have finished the center beading with seed beads rescued from the dress trims - I did clear/slightly tinted beads for the center. OMG I love the way it turned out. The canvas gave the "leading" of the stained glass just enough extra loft to make it pop. The clear beads have just enough variety in color to make you think that you are seeing shadows and sunlight from the outside. Sometimes (not too often) the outcome is even better than the idea.

Last night at the church we finally accomplished the Winter Wonderland event. If anyone out there is looking for a cold weather event for your young ones - this was quick and easy. We had "snowball catch" games - snowball races (think egg on the spoon but with cotton balls) - made icicles from plastic wrap and glitter - made a card for the pictures - and did ice fishing (for candy prizes). Served hot dogs and roasted marshmallows. A family in the church had this fantastic snow machine.


My Molly - posing with Frosty the snowman. Biased mommy opinion here - but this is one of my favorite pictures ever of her. We took all the kids picture with this snow machine. Printed them out on the Kodak easy dock and they each took home a card with the picture in it. We had such a great time. (oh and Molly's volleyball team won their bracket - never mind it was the aluminum bracket - really the bronze - she personally had a wonderful day.) I am going to miss her so much this fall.

If you are a regular reader you will remember the weekend it snowed at the beach. Here are the pictures of how I used those paper snowflakes. All around the ice fishing lake (the lake was made from white sheets and that blue styrofoam insulation over the serving tables.) This was really very pretty - I kept everything with the idea of using the branches and snowflakes for a Christmas in July event at the studio.

I also would like to say that not touching my computer all weekend was not as difficult as I had imagined. There won't be many more of those - because now we are in the real decision process on college and the emails are flying as we try to get more information together.

Have a wonderful evening - the man at my address is sick(you know the cold that only slows mom down and stops dad dead in his tracks) and the girls have school stuff tonight. You'll find me in the barn painting floors and touching up walls. Right after I scrub a shelf that is going there. Volunteers for help welcome.

See ya tomorrow --


2 comments:

maggiegracecreates said...

Jason - while I truly appreciate you looking out for my financial well being - I am not at all interested in a site that you and I have never discussed. I do not have a freakin' clue who you are nor why you have chosen to give me a little boost in my cash flow.

Therefore cyberworld advertising guru - I have chosen to delete your little misleading add.

It gave me great satistfaction to do just that. So I guess I owe you thanks for that little pleasure today - goodbye and good riddance.

katydidnot said...

oh. that is satisfying.

love that view and the snowflakes. lovely.