Friday, February 01, 2008

Scrummy

That is a shabby chic word. Straight from her books. A combination of scrumptious and yummy. That is what this yarn is. Manos del Uruguay color 72 pumpkin. Let me just say this is my favorite yarn in the world to work with. It feels wonderful across my hand.Lofty without too much bulk. I have been told that it felts wonderfully. I am not a huge felting fan - so I cannot verify that fact at all. 100% hand dyed wool but not at all itchy. I picked this up to make Miss Abby a beanie hat.

I also bought some clearance Suri Merino to try. I'll see how I like working with it. Yea - I know I am supposed to be using what I had. I did not have any of the soft orange for Abby's - nothing like it and she had requested a hat in this yarn and in this color - so this is her indulgence and not mine. The other is for a project I have had in the back of my mind since I bought the "bend the rules" book.

The book has an adorable baby jacket pattern that you cut out in one piece and I am goin to try and adapt that to a crochet pattern. I'll be doing the first one in worsted weight acrylic. If it works out I'll do one in the wool. I am really excited about it and that is going to be the next sit down and concentrate project that I tackle.

We only have a basketball game tomorrow. There will be work ON the studio. Tonight I'll be working on some pages for a special project I am doing with some local friends. The recipient is a blog reader so I am being incredibly cryptic about this until next week.

It is Friday and that is always something to be grateful for

Some other things I am grateful for / inspired by

-- migraine medications that work and do not wipe me out entirely. thank you imitrex and midrin

-- super duper bloggin buds - way too many to list.

-- I am wearing my jeans today - a first since my surgery. (and I did not have to stretch out on the bed and suck in hard to zip them.)

-- irs refunds - the taxes are done and they owe me money.

-- scholarships - easing the stress of that college fear.

-- coffee and donuts for breakfast. a really rare treat for me.

-- checking things off my list. at work - at home and for swaps/gifts.

-- hey all the weekend is here...

Have a great one.

1 comment:

Jana Nielson said...

WOOT!! WOOT! TGIF for sure! Your grateful list made me grateful too!