Monday, December 01, 2008

a night on the town

Okay - so you can call me a horrible mommy. But, I took my girls to a club/restaurant to see a band on Friday night. We had a blast. We all went to Wild Wing Cafe in Athens. The band was Resevoir Dogs (uncle John and friends) and the place was packed. Both my girls were there - and slightly embarassed by Mom singing with the band. Some friends of ours and their daughter were there as well.

(BTW - Dennis these should be clickable to print or save)


At the end of the night - Sam - his dad is the bass guitarist - joined the band and rocked the place out to some AC/DC.


Note - Sam is 13 - was he nervous. If he was - he did not show it.
Sporting J.W. Hell's hat - that's Sam's Dad behind him.








My girls joined forces at the table - they soon realized the need for being close to have any conversation. They had a blast. I drank one shot of tequila - the rest of the night I drank sweet tea. Dad drank a few, but as a realist in how we handle things with our girls, showing them a responsible drinking pattern is important to us. They KNEW I was okay to drive. Molly drove Nicole home - and got a bit of a scare as a cop pulled in behind her at the light with his blue lights on - turns out he only needed through the light. We laughed at the story.

Some old guy (actually our friend John) suckered the Softball Princess into a slow dance. She was a great sport about it. God I love that childs smile. Although Uncle John's alter ego - AKA mr Rockstar - was a little much to process - I think the black feather boa pushed her over the edge.

One final picture of the three girls - College Freshman (Molly) - her friend Nicole (also a college freshman) and the Softball Princess. Molly is sporting one of those skinny chain scarves that I've been making. Seems I can't get enough of these made.

100_0396
Originally uploaded by maggiegracecreates
The two of them keep grabbing them out of the bag as they see colors they like.
We had a very low key Thanksgiving - together with family on Thursday - then this outing on Friday - then football, movies, rest, reading for the rest of the weekend. Now the Christmas frenzy begins.
Have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

ellen said...

What fun, Teresa...did you see those crochet projects that you helped me make?
I will always be so grateful to you for your help and generosity, good spirit and lovingness. (not a word I am sure)..but it applies to you.
What lovely young women you have.
Wishing you the best..e.

Unknown said...

No mention of who won a certain football game in Athens on Saturday???

Go Jackets!!!