Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Another goodie.....

Last night 6:00 pm - I am walking into the big bullseye store (Target) - as usual I am on my phone - and I stop dead in my tracks and this conversation occurs.

ME - what freakin' date is today.

OTHER END OF PHONE CALL - December 22

ME - Isn't it like 35 degrees outside??

OEOPC - Yes - don't you have a coat.

ME - I got a coat on.

OEOPC - So what's the problem.

ME - I am finishing my Christmas shopping - I am at Target - and I am looking at a huge display of - You are not gonna believe this...

OEOPC - What - Looking at what?

ME - A huge display of swimsuits. Not even on my child's list for Christmas. What the crap?

OEOPC - Are there Valentines too? ---

ME - SmartAss.

****************************************

The retailers are really rushing things now. Am I the only one who finds this incredibly bizarre. Maybe someone is getting swimsuits to go with warm climate vacations?

Anyway - I have checked off all I am buying for Christmas. The girls will each get some cash to go with their gifts and there will be at least two items listed on the purchase after Christmas. (Only because they need to pick these gifts)

Last night we made sausage balls and sugar cookies.

This left me with time to squeeze in another charm for a friend.


Local best friend's sister and her daughter from many years ago. When I saw this picture, she had remarked that she would like to "do something" with it. I copied it and made one of those soldered charms.
The back of it has butterflies (the big one was on a package from JenB and I saved it) She can wear this as a necklace or hang it somewhere as a charm.
I had this on my desk this morning and one of my customers brought a picture of his little one to have an ornament made for Grandma for Christmas - I'll make that one really quick tonight.
I have several goodies packaged and ready to go for New Year Greetings.
I also have my journal ready for the new year (How about you)
Have a wonderful day everyone.


1 comment:

Raesha D said...

I love the charms you have been making - so darling!