Monday, December 29, 2008

2008 IS ALMOST GONE

This is my week to reflect on 2008 and start looking ahead to 2009. Instead of resolutions, I am choosing to focus on the more public marketing of MaggieGrace items. Items covered by the words art and craft. I am excited about this focus and I do hope to see results from this.

Christmas weekend was relaxing and very productive. I was up early every day and set about finishing some tasks that I did not want to carry into the New Year.

This pile is the sum total of my after Christmas shopping. WalMart had Martha Stewart Glitter and Holiday punches 1 /2 price so I bought the deer silhouette punch and a pack of the glitter along with the mica snow flakes. I also stocked up on some gift boxes in coffee mug sizes and jewlry sizes. The rationale was that I will use this - thus making them essential.

Christmas was managed with NO CREDIT CARD purchases at all. I love being able to say that. The girls did not get everything on their list, but they still were pleased.



Oh - I just noticed that there is a "fun" thing in the pile - those jumbo push pins were just for me and just cause I liked them.


Saturday morning found me up really early and with an agenda - finish a few UFO's. I had some items hanging over my head that just really needed a tiny bit of work to finish. I know that starting a new project gives a creative soul such a rush and I had shuffled these under way too many times. So I hunkered down and finished these.

My sister's wall quilt - all it need was the zigzag accent around the binding and the hooks sewn on the back. Check off as done. these photos are dark and grainy because it was a gray and rainy weekend. Sorry.



I finished a fun little baby afghan for a friend at church. A little boy. Cute open work mesh light blanket. This is smaller than some I have done making it good for a car seat cover and for taking onto places where you don't want to keep up with a big blanket. This was made using a super soft baby yarn - acrylic - so it will be easy to wash and dry.


The cowboy quilt. All I lacked was the binding. I cheated this one and machine sewed the binding on. While I regret that decision now - because there was an undetected wonkiness that a handstitched binding would have left invisible and the machine stiches actually show off in all its glory - I am not undoing this and fixing it.




This is a baby quilt - crib sized and will remain in use through the toddler bed stage - so it will get a lot of use and washing. I hope it will anyway. I washed it and dried it and drooled over that perfect puckered look. The ocd College Freshman doesn't "get" that wrinkled look - she thought the quilt needed ironing.


I also started a new project. Carrie thought she would be getting a quilt for little bean - she may get a blanket - not because I don't want to make a quilt - but because something else caught my fancy. It is a five piece construction thing and I finished one piece this weekend as well. I love how this is turning out and cannot wait to share it with you. I will post the color scheme - pale yellow, light green, and lavender. See it was a very productive weekend.
As we approach 2009 - I wish you health and happiness.






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice finished pieces!! Sounds as if you & yours had a nice quiet time for Christmas. We all missed spending time with you four. Wish you would come to Reed Creek for a visit. Love, H & A.

Queenly Things said...

You get so much done. You are amazing. Happy new year, friend!!! Thank you for your continued inspiration

Lannae Johnson said...

Love your finished products, and I'm most impressed with the no credit card Christmas purchases!!! So, when do I get to come back to hang out in Maggie Grace world? William told me that he had been to your house, that I had not, and he wanted me to know that it was BEE-U-T-FULL! He's such a mess!

ellen said...

Well done! Happiest of New Years to you and loved ones.

Very Mary said...

Check you out! It's all so wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I hope your Christmas was Merry and Bright! Loved all your finished up projects. I really really loved loved the painting you got as a present-and your charms are sooo neat. Maybe I could learn how to make them before next year.

Whitney said...

That quilt is adorable!

Carrie said...

I love the cowboy quilt and I'm excited to see what you are making for Olivia. No matter what it is! You are so very talented (you don't give yourself enough credit)

Big hugs and Happy New Year!

Carrie