Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008 - Hello 09


Taking the stroll back through the year through some of my favorite posts. It was a great year. A huge year of change in our family. Lets look at it

JANUARY - We gained a nephew. You learned that the man leaves beer bottles every where (that hasn't changed). I created a tequila 101 tutorial (one of my most googled posts). I shared some mother-daughter advice. A high school senior and her mom defined the college criteria while we travelled on many a volleyball road trip.


FEBRUARY - I named dropped about some celebrity toilets . Made some 80's flashdance legwarmers. Seemed to settled on a college. Started the paint and trim in the studio. I planned the quiltlet that didn't get published. And created a book with a group of local friends for one of ours that had a bit of a cancer scare. (thank you Lord for Becky's good health now)


MARCH -My monsters went snow skiing without me. I started an afghan for the soon to be college freshman to take off to college. A tornado hit downtown Atlanta. We hosted the girls soccer team dinner. The high school senior committed to become a Piedmont College Lady Lion volleyball player. On the brink of a new experience she still wanted me to Hold her Hand. The two of us got lost repeatedly in Asheville, NC. OH yeah - I started the move into the studio.


APRIL - I hooked up face to face with Carrie. Created one of my favorite storage pieces for the studio. Molly and her best friend Brittany were named Salutatorian and Valedictorian of the senior class. I mailed my first submission for a magazine. We finished high school volleyball forever and softball took off in full swing.


MAY - We help a bunch of men and boys become cross dressers. Molly went to prom. I finished this afghan. Molly graduated from high school.


JUNE - Abby broke her hand and had surgery. Molly took a Senior Summer trip with some friends to the beach. (she was gone away for the surgery but steady checked on lil sis.) We toured the dorms and set up that advisement for college. That trek was expensive.


JULY - I celebrated my 43 birthday. Abby turned 15 and got her learners permit. Molly got her contacts and left the world of glasses behind. Abby got out of her cast from the hand surgery. We lost my brother-in-law, Max, after a valient cancer battle. So many of this months post are emotional as I come to terms with Molly moving away and the loss of a loved family member.


AUGUST - my house regurgitated a child. I sent Molly to college and changed her name here to the College Freshman. She also became an adult. This month was an unbelievable life altering month for us. Enough said. The photo with this post is from move in day and is one of my favorites ever.


SEPTEMBER - I have been diagnosed with hypertension. Lannae joined the blogging community. Abby has her first real boyfriend and we recognized our local law enforcement and rescue personnel on the anniversary of 9/11. Abby is allowed to play softball again by the docs.
OCTOBER - the man turned 52. We have been living at the same address (married) for 23 years. Abby's high school softball team is nationally ranked in academics. I posted a tutorial. celebrated life and living well along with pondering thoughts like "why adult shoes don't have fun bottoms".
NOVEMBER - a month of Thanksgivings. Nothing earth shattering this month. But I did commit to participating in an art show next fall.
DECEMBER - celebrate the birth of our Savior. My nephew became a married man. I took my girls to a nightclub. The Collge Freshman is home for the first exented time frame in months.
All in all a wonderful year. Lots of celebrations. Some whining. Losses. Fears. A studio became a reality. I live a beautiful life. It was tremendous fun to look back through this year. Now I also know that I blog because it will be helpful and fun to go back through often. A way to keep up with my crazy, frantic life.
Happy New Year my friends. Have only a few goals for 2009. Live fully - laugh often - love much. Add those to the making MaggieGraceCreates a more public part of my life and there you have it. Welcome 2009.

4 comments:

Vallen said...

Happy 2009 to you, dear lady. May you have as many great moments as the last.

Very Mary said...

My new year's mantra: light, love, laughter. Seems that you and I will be on the same track this year:)

henny said...

Hi Teresa, I was just pop out from Ellen's blog and came here. Happy new year, and may we would have new hopes, new opportunities and happiness :)

Anonymous said...

Wishing you & yours much happiness in this coming year of 2009. H & A