Friday, December 12, 2008

Pet peeves plus goodies

The man at my address is seriously outnumbered. Three women in the house with one poor man is really not fair. Make that three incredibly strong willed women who are very vocal when unhappy and you can have many stressful days.



Combine my personality, my vehicle, an always slow teen daughter, pouring rain, running late for work, the fact he used the truck last, he has a habit of returning vehicles in this same way, and this being the very first thing I saw when I got into the truck on Thursday morning.


Result ------ nutted up mom with ugly messages to the Man at my Address. This is a habit I have such a hard time with. I don't even expect it to be full. I don't even expect him to pay for it (my wallet was there with money enclosed). I really don't even expect there to be gas in it any more - but a heads up would have gone a long way. You cannot miss this light - so at least come in the house and say "hey you are gonna have get gas in the morning" then I can get the teens moving a little faster.

Yup I was ugly - but I did apologize - more than I got in return.

Now you know - I will blog about anything.

ON TO THE GOODIES -



These are now hanging in the gym of the church family life center. We are preparing our journey to Bethlehem marketplace and hung these last night. Large canvas painted backdrops from many years past. There are hours of time in these. Crawling on the floor on hands and knees. paints and paraphenalia in hand. No amount of money could pay for these - they were definitely labors of love.



We have called the one above --- "purple mountain majesty" since we painted it. The lady who was helping me that night mixed paint and had no experience doing so. That mountain was Barney purple when she finished. It took days to fix that. We use these over and over for various things. Just so you can get an idea of the scale of these - this one is 12 feet wide. It was originally the shepherds in the field backdrop. We had a faux fire and the angels appeared over the top edge of the mountain to the shepherds.
I actually love doing these kinds of things for the kids.


I do have to thank some folks for helping hang these last night. Thank you Mr Charles (AKA the Man at my Address) and Mr John. Also thank you Maria (The Lady at John's Address). It was a very pleasant night and working with people you communicate well with makes the work load fairly easy.
Tonight - the rest of the decorating happens.
Have a great day all.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no gas ... I would have went off too! I am a freak about gas never being less than half full .. years ago a woman in Atlanta Julie Love ran out of gas at night... some monster killed her as she was walking to get help so I don't ever want to see the light on in my car saying fuel is low.. and on that sad note I wish you a great weekend..