Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Thanksgiving - Atkinson style

Missing a few loved ones, but most of us were there. Gathered at Grandmother and Granddaddy's on Thursday, here's the crew. Lynda is missing in this one - she's behind the camera. Allie is mia in this picture as well (I have no idea).


Allie gave me verbal lessons to help me fix some jewelry making issues I was having. She is at SCAD as a metals and jewelry major. Very talented - incredible potential - I cannot wait to see where she takes all of this. She also was making her "Dear Santa" letter to me at the table involving things like her own leg warmers and scraves. Maddie wants a soldered necklace and a scarf herself. (Girls - it may be after Christmas)



We did get one with Lynda and Allie here - by the gift that makes Granddaddy be labeled "the Stuff". Look at that baby grand we are standing by. I really should get a picture of that - it is beautiful. Hey wait - Grandmother could start her own blog and post a picture herself.


College Freshman took this one of us. Sad to see just how short I am beside these girls of mine. I always knew I would be the short one in the family.



The College Freshman was sporting the legwarmers I made for her way back here, so I made her pose for me. She really loves them and wears them - sometimes kids take things never intending for that to happen. But my girls are honest with me about that kind of thing, if they won't wear it - they tell me. She does want me to add some buttons to these.


There was no turkey on the menu, leaving the Softball Princess complaining as late as Sunday. Sorry honey - we will not make that mistake again. Speaking of her - she was excited last night - she made the varsity basketball team and may actually get some playing time. While basketball is not her sport of choice, she does enjoy it, and has decided to try and letter in three sports. She does want to play softball in college and that search will begin this summer with some weekend trips to various schools that she wants to consider.


Here she is with a Family member you have not met - this is Licorice (lick-ish). We live in the country, but we are close to the road. Don't feel sorry for the pen part - its a big pen so he has tons of room. Even if he gets out, though, most of the time he will only venture into the barn or shed. A stray we took in. Sweet dog with us - but unpredictable with others - hence the pen part - just not worth the risk and I certainly do not want him to get run over while we are gone.




MaggieGrace is working diligently on the cowboy quilt. Eight more blocks to go. Going to a stitch trunk show/Christmas open house thing tonight. I always come home from such things with so many more ideas that I can complete.



Tyler brought his girlfriend, Isabelle, to meet us all. To say that we were overwhelming to her was an understatement. We all interact in such a way that leaves people wondering who really goes with who. Tyler is Mr Rockstar's (John) oldest son. Hard to believe all these adults and almost adults are our kids.
Also hard to believe that some 28 years ago, I was the overwhelmed one being introduced to Mama (Grandmother). My family was (and is) a lot different from this one - I had just lost my Dad that fall - Alan was home from the Navy - and the Man (now at my Address) just dropped me off into this group of people and disappeared with Alan. Awkward, bordering on terrified, is the only way to describe my feelings that day. But the Man also took me to see Mama Norvan (his Grandmother) first, and since I passed her inspection (interrogation), I was immediately welcomed into the open arms of this loud, loving, faith filled, wonderful group of people. Many years of growth, prayer, challenges and changes later, they (we) are just as loving, faith-filled, and funny as they were then (maybe even more so).


Hope this finds all of you having a wonderful day.






2 comments:

Queenly Things said...

It looks like the most excellent Thanskgiving adventure.

Anonymous said...

Teresa, thanks for the blogspot concerning Thanksgiving Reed Creek Style. Herbert & I were so very happy to spend time with our dear precious family. And this is what we both wish for in the future. Just family times of fellowship. This will make "Precious Memories" that last forever.THANKS TO EACH ONE OF YOU. Love, H & A.