Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Perspective - Merry Christmas

That painting is a part of my Christmas present. I'll be having this one framed. Completed simply in a sketch book with acrylics.

I loved it immediately. Initially it appeared dark - depressing - a sunset of sorts. Then came the explanation.

"Even in those really bad times, there is always that sliver of light at the beginning of the day. You have taught us both to look for the light of each new day." Softball Princess and College Freshman

Sometimes when your name is Mommy, you wonder if the decisions you are making are the right ones. Every now and then, God gives you an affirmation that you are doing okay. This year our Christmas is different (many of our favorite people are in this same boat), but my girls are not suffering because of the difference. They have grasped the reality and have given me the best Christmas gift ever. They gave of their heart and their gift has really spoken to mine.

Look for the sliver of light just at the edge of the horizon every day. It is a sign that you have a new day to work with. Respond to that message and grab hold to that new day with every part of your soul. People are watching you and learning from you. What brought me to tears this morning was a message delivered in visual form - what is keeping me in tears of celebration right now - the fact that it wasn't what I said to them that had an impact, it was what I did every day. I got up and went on. Some days were (are) more difficult than others, but I have proof that the effort was (is) well worth it in the lessons I can teach others.

Today is a new day - look for that sliver of light. I'll be shedding a tear of celebration for you.

Merry Merry Christmas

Now where am I gping to hang this????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes dear grandgirls, God is with each morning to give us a new day of light, peace and hope!

Lovely painting with such a deep thought! Thank you precious girls.
H & A.

Carrie said...

I'd hang it in a prominate spot in the studio. That way when you are alone, you can look at it and be reminded of their love.

Hugs!