Monday, December 22, 2008

Twas the weekend before Christmas

Friday Night ----- Basketball game an hour from home = 10 rows on a baby afghan while sitting in the stands. Late Late dinner at Waffle House.

Saturday Morning - Up early to solder charms for the girls in the other showrooms. I also made one just for me. Typical late morning errands - go get the College Freshman's car from the shop, bank, post office, etc. Pick up the mail -WHICH INCLUDED THE DEAN' S LIST LETTER FOR THE SAME FRESHMAN - proud mama moment. Then basketball game an hour away from home - 10 more rows on baby blanket. Dinner at Longhorn's - long wait - migraine headache.

Sunday - Cantata Service at church. Lunch. Sleep off the rest of the hangover effect from the migraine meds - grocery store - bake a cake (from scratch - the children were amazed) - pack up soldered charms.

Monday 6:00 AM - where the hell did my weekend go??????


Packages ready to go -------


One side of the charm I made for me. Look closely - the glitter has tiny little stars. The stamp was a dollar item set on the end cap at JoAnn's.

The other side of my charm - what you can't see very well is the very pretty texture of the silver paper.



Another of the rubber stamps from the JoAnn's display - I backed these with old cancelled holiday postage stamps. The man at my address is happy to see some things being used.
Again I say that having the studio is a wonderful thing. Although - I did bring things into the house to work - it is downright cold here now and the small heater in the barn just was not enough. But I fixed a tray and then took everything back.
Have a Very Merry Christmas week.
New posting at CIP.



5 comments:

Lannae Johnson said...

I love the way those turned out! They are going to make wonderful gifts - I like the one you are giving yourself as well :)! So proud of Molly!!! If we don't see you all at the service Wednesday, here's hoping your Christmas is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS MOLLY!!! We are so very proud of you. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you four and hope to spend time with you all real soon. Love, H & A

Anonymous said...

great results for the freshman,,, congrats on the Dean's List... we are back from the Law school graduation,,I have to bake a cake today for Christmas eve Merry Christmas from my house to yours

Carrie said...

I love the charm you made for yourself. Lovely! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Hugs!

Roxie said...

Love the charm. Interesting way to use Christmas stamps. One more item to save. Won't Hubby be thrilled! Congrats on the Dean's List.