Monday, June 08, 2009

Bits and bobs

edit to add: I completely forgot to add a "you rock" comment to the man at my address. On Saturday, the softball girls were in a tournament (I was not there) and they had a break. Softball Princess spent that break with other teen girls and the daddy picking out a new swimsuit at target. That gets brownie points with all the women at our address.



The view from my desk chair just a few minutes ago. A stunning magnolia blossom brought in by a friend for me. Smells like lemon and this thing is almost a foot across. I think I like having flowers on my desk a lot.


Look at the contrast in the stem of the maple leaf. I stopped and took a few snapshots over the weekend.
I want to sit at that table and enjoy an afternoon. I want to sleep with the windows open and hear the sound of running water. I want to feel the breeze change directions and suddenly fill the room with the smell of salty air. I really like the sound of the tide going out of the salt marsh.


I want ---


An embrace to become a slow dance in kitchen just because the mood feels right.


To listen to soulful music in the dark.


Flowers on my desk more often.


To be aware that these small joys are what really matter in my life.


To suddenly realize how relaxed and happy I really am when I am creating.


To remember to be thankful no matter what the situation is.


To sing with out worrying what others may think. Dance just because it feels good and my body wants to move. To laugh those deep heartfelt belly laughs. To walk and see the beauty around me.


To live this life intentionally always ready for sacred surprises like these.

I am so happy.


Have a beautiful Monday ya'll



5 comments:

Lannae Johnson said...

Nice post! A beautiful Monday to you, too!

Karen at Junking in Georgia 2009 said...

Magnolia Grand a Flora.. lives up to it's name and that's what I like about the South..

ellen said...

Oh, I loved this post.
It makes me glad, truly glad in the quiet, peaceful kind of joy-way to hear of your happiness.
The blessings of each day...may they not go unnoticed and may we remember to shout, or whisper Thanks.

Love to you, e.

Roxie said...

Nothing feels better than creating. The little pleasures of life are the best.

scissorspaperglue said...

i want all of this for you too. i just want you to be happy.