Wednesday, June 24, 2009

WE'LL SEE....

Local Best Friend calls it like he sees it. We have been friends for a long time and he is the one person who will be blatantly honest with me. He respects me, my family, my time, etc and so on. (As all best friends should) When I need an unbiased opinion, that's who I go to. We are comfortable speaking our mind and even when we disagree, it's okay. We also tease and challenge each other mercilessly.

So, when I let him in on the diet program (again) and then confided the boot camp attendance to him (another exercise plan). What did he do??? He baited me. Two simple words. Flung out in the context of here we go again. The words....



WE'LL SEE.


The result -- one pissed off woman now on a mission to prove him wrong. But how to keep that reminder in the front of my brain because you know - time takes away some of that "piss and vinegar" as my Nanny would say.

Here's my solution.



A cute little tag tied to my rearview mirror with a vintage hankie. What cha think - I'm going with the "it works for me" explanation and he will laugh when he sees it.

Now - since it has turned off hot -- really really southern summer hot - here. There has not been much MaggieGrace goodness.

I am making some of these again because they are easily completed and aren't all in my lap at the ball field. I am also working on a Christmas gift for a reader and can't show that. Maybe later.



I really like these little tags/embellishments and they really are easy to do. If anyone wants instructions, please let me know.

I did go back to boot camp last night. The fingers and toes are working, but the parts in between are seriously compromised today. Since when was the toilet deemed a torture device. I'll be back next Monday ready to go.

Have a great afternoon.

2 comments:

Lannae Johnson said...

I love your little reminder - should have known you'd do that with such flair! You just tell that best friend of yours, "That's right, you WILL see!"

Carrie said...

Yay for going back to Camp! When is the next round?

I need a kick in the butt, I'm starting to really stress eat. Little bit wouldn't stop crying last night and I started eating Hershey bliss bites like I was eating popcorn. Ugh. I need to nip that habit in the bud.