Monday, June 01, 2009

Major and Minor -

After our weekend of sand and water - LOL - we came home late last night to this.

That is the end of my house closest to the driveway. On the night of the soccer senior recognition activities, we had horrible storms. The hail that night literally blasted paint off the house. Oh joy - now repainting begins. So exciting. Not changing my colors at all - the house is about 130 years old and needs to be white with dark shutters and grey porches. But there is now more money and time available to complete some outdoor living spaces that I have wanted for many years.


Please take note of the blue tape on the left of the picture. That is one of my most sentimental things at my house. We have marked the girls and their friends heights at various times on that corner trim. I told my painter that we would kill him if that got painted over. So I will have this bright shiny new paint job and one dirty marked up corner board. Tell me, do any of you have a similar anything at your house?


That's the major WIP


Here's the minor.


I am using a beautiful pineapple doiley pattern to make this. Instead of the normal "tiny" crochet cotton, I am using some thrifted wool worsted weight. I want it to be "throw/shawl size" and I am really happy with it. This is an irish potato brown, and in this picture the yarn ball even looks like a potato. This wool has some minor moth damage that I discovered too late, but I fumigated it and packed it away from everything else for several weeks. This project is an experimental item and will be used by me outdoors on my porch swing anyway - so as I encounter damage I have just been snipping it out and retying the yarn. I bought a huge pile of yarn in a bag and this was part of it - so I'm glad I found some use for it.


I'll probably make more of these in baby colors too. I love the round shape.


I am sunburned - I am tired - and I have a migraine that keeps breaking through. Hope your Monday is going well.


Love ya'll.



3 comments:

shabbyscraps said...

ok, you know what? i really love the shabby chippy look the hail gave yor house, maybe you should just go with it!! LOL!!
xoxo, Tiffany

Carrie said...

Oh no! What a shock to come home to!

Sherry Williams said...

OMG!!! I hope you can get your repairs done soon. Did it damage the roof, too? I love, love, love those shutters!!!
Hugs,
Sherry