Monday, June 15, 2009

Unintentional blog break

Sorry I went MIA. Life took over. I have a ton of completed projects to show you.

First off my pages for the en le jardin memory book.


The assignment - create 11 front and back pages in the colors of the event, but in your style. Leaving room for photos - or add ins by the final owner of the book. Not being an "assembly line" kind of person, I made 11 similar pages, just in different color combos (I did add some brown for mine - just cause).

Kim will be assembling these and making her covers.

Here is one side of my pages. Punched and glittered butterflies and three stamps from the same scrolled set, I used in my swap bags for the event. Each of these butterflies can be folded up for a dimensional effect. There is room for thoughts and adding more embellishments on the page.

The other side -- it rained on us that day -- so the cutout image of the friends chatting just seemed to fit. I made this into little booklets with blank pages for journaling or pictures. There is also enough room across the top to add a photo.


I love how the image of the girls pops against the booklet cover.


Now for the real reason I have been MIA.


Softball Princess has played 8 softball games since my last post. Winning 7 of those 8 - we did however get the crap beat out of us by what we refer to as The University of Greenbriar. This is a private school with at leat two players committed to D1 colleges.


It was miserable. 97 degrees in the shade and well below what we in Georgia call the gnat line.


The picture below is of some of the girls on the way home. These two -- Olivia and Abby -- tortured (entertained) us the entire two hour drive home. Miss Renee (asleep) had too much pain med and crashed so she missed the concert. Notice they are covered up - the AC in the car was fabulous after two days in the sun.

Tonight they have two games - I got the project bag ready.


Have a great afternoon.


btw - College Girl has adapted her behavior to be more in line with what has now been defined as appropriate. Thank you all for your comments and emails. About my parenting - I really have no idea what I am doing - I just try and react the best way I can as situations arise. I have a very wise friend and I lean on him all the time for advice from the outside looking in. It helps.

1 comment:

Sherry Williams said...

Hi Teresa!!! You have been a busy girl! Love your pages! I have to get busy on mine since they are due soon!!lol Congratulations to your daughter's wins! That's incredible! What fun you must have with all those girls!! Hopefully, we will all have time to get together very soon!
Hugs,
Sherry