Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Laws of Nature (and Moms)

My morning started with this on my Facebook

Please tell me that our girl was at home this morning?!?

This entry courtesy of College Girl's Boyfriend's Mom.

She was at home when I got up late to go to the bathroom.

Seems there has been some curfew "stretching" and other irresponsible behaviors by the young couple.

I woke said College Girl up to discuss the matter(s). I expected "re-entry" issues when she came back from college for the summer. We have all been playing nice - but today - MOM HAS SPOKEN. It was time - it was not fun - it has "ruined her day". Oh well - this too shall pass.

Just like the stamens falling off my magnolia blossom, life happens. There are good days and challenging days, but the cycle must continue. Teens and young adults have to learn life's lessons. Moms and Dad's have to grow and learn to parent at each new level of maturity the child gets to.


This is a learning experience every day. It's exciting to see my girls grow and change and mature.


A later message included this comment about College Girl --
"She is perfectly well-behaved with me--respectful and helpful, and if I tell her something directly, she is compliant.And she does a damned fine job of sweeping my floors, btw! "


She may be a young adult, but it is nice to have good feedback about how she treats others.




Time and gravity have are starting to show their effects on these gorgeous blooms .(the same thing is happening to my body - LOL) They are still beautiful to me. Look at the detail in those stamens (don't they look like wooden matches?) Time is moving on in my children's growth. I'm choosing to try and enjoy every new experience (and challenge) as a mom and to remember that this is a beautiful cycle in life.

Have a wonderful day ---


4 comments:

Vallen said...

This would be a hard thing for me - they're adults but when they're under your roof you can't help but worry and treat them a little like kids. Hang in there, peaches. She's got a good foundation.

Lannae Johnson said...

What a great way to handle it, but especially of looking at it! Taking notes....

scissorspaperglue said...

i adore you and the way you mother your children, i can only hope to do half a good of a job with my littles.

and you are on facebook? this i did not know. going to look for you now.

Roxie said...

Beautiful pictures and great analogies. College Girl is in a difficult transition zone, so her parents must be as well!