Thursday, September 17, 2009

Day 16 -

This post brought to you by the migraine from hell. I did work in the studio for a long time last night - but no pictures. I forgot to take them - I also forgot to put the coffee pot back under the basket this morning at work. Yup brewed a whole pot just for the floor - poured the water in and walked off. Seems the Relpax makes me stupid - no more of that - glad I only have the samples and that I have no money invested.

I'll bring pictures of the new journals tomorrow.

Now for today -

Fred Lyda comes by our office all the time. He "hangs out" with us. Retired and spends a significant amount of time and money at junk outlets, auctions, and flea markets.

He brought a box of silverware several weeks back that I bought from him for like nothing. I am now sorting through it.



I only have one of these silverplate forks - pretty handle detail. I have it in the console of my SUV - I am in a quandry about what to do with it. I pick it up and ponder while I am driving or waiting at lights etc.

See my favorite detail is not the one above.

Here's my favorite ............

See it - the little word there.....

I magnified it for you ...
Engraved on the back of the handle is the word "precious". I'm pondering the idea of making this the focal point of a jewelry piece. Or maybe let it be a hidden message on a bracelet. "I don't know" - she says and puts it back to ponder some more.


LBF laughed yesterday when I told him how I was agonizing over this tiny detail and how it has me completely stuck on this one. He's pissed about me making him laugh too - he fell trout fishing and cracked/bruised several ribs. I tried to explain myself but - oh well. Only another artist will understand.


Oh and the Man at my Address - doesn't understand at all either. He came into the studio last nightand stayed all of about 3 minutes before he expressed boredom and bailed back to watch mindless TV. At least he didn't laugh.

See you guys tomorrow --- hopefully with some intelligent function in my brain.


I have a beautiful life.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I'd leave it for an inside surprise. I'd polish it so it stands out.

Yarni Gras! said...

I love hidden surpirses so I vote for it being a hidden message of some sort......

Lannae Johnson said...

I would like to ditto the comments above - most definitely a sweet surprise!

Julie Ann said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well!!
That is a great little fork you bought! Isn't it terrible only having one of something!! Oh, the pressure....