Friday, September 25, 2009

Days 23 & 24 - working away

I've been working away - there's just nothing new to show you guys. More inventory building.

These pictures are for Lannae. I have to provide some images and an artist bio for her. I don't think "tequila drinker" falls into that description, but I plan on doing some of that this weekend.

I made the halfway mark for weight loss - I have lost 30 pounds. Yesterday - there was giggling and singing and dancing and other celebratory things occuring behind the shower curtain in my morning routine. Softball Princess even knocked on the door to check and see if I had lost my mind completely. I sent my friends Melissa and Margaret text messages that read

"there was nonsexual giggling in my shower this morning LOL" - go ahead laugh, it was a funny email.


I am struggling with this bio thing - how do you say I make things using crap I collect from everywhere and that the materials kind of define what I am making. The items are affordable and, for the most part, useful.

Pictured above is a favorite pendant charm - a vintage button and some beads.

A group shot of some gathered items.


I made this to sell, but then I put it on the mantel - I am struggling with selling this. I brought it in this morning for pictures so it is on my desk. Several customers have complimented it, that is incredibly affirming to me. I may have to assemble a few more similar pieces.

Here are a couple of the collaged spoon pendants. I wear the one on the right all the time. The first week of October will begin jewelry month and I'll be making several more of these.


Tonite - local football - homecoming. Tomorrow - TWO concession stand duties. Sunday - just for me.


I'll be working on MaggieGrace goodies squeezed in between all that and the tequila drinking.


I'm thinking that I will continue the USE WHAT I HAVE focus through the end of the year. I do need some adhesives that I'll be headed to Hobby Lobby for as quick as this month is over.


Have a great weekend.



2 comments:

Lannae Johnson said...

loving these pictures! Can we not use the words you used several days ago for your bio? (One of a kind wares defined by the materials available. Recycled, repurposed, mixed media designs.)
Give me a little more about Y.O.U., and I am going to get a post up! If you don't...then tequila drinker is definitely going in! Can't wait!!

Carrie said...

30lbs! You go girl! I'm doing a happy dance for you!

I love the moose broach....my mom collects them and it makes me think of her.