Wednesday, September 23, 2009

DAY 22 - a failed experiment

Pictured above - inspired by Vallen, I tried my hand at a lace necklace. There will not be any of these at the Artist Market. I am not at all happy with it. The crochet trim will be used in another way after being taken back apart. I will continue working on this idea, just not right now.

Oh well - so I wasted a night. It happens.

I also committed to do one piece for the Penumbra Show. Gotta decide what that's gonna be. And kinda committed to a square for the Phoenix Rising Collaborative Art Quilt with proceeds going to the Georgia Theatre rebuild. (Thank you College Girl for getting me involved with Sam's Mom)

Have any of you all participated in a Rocky Horror Picture Show Event at the GA Theatre in Athens?

I'm sore today and a migraine is hammering me again. I sure do wish we could get to some more normal fall weather around here.

Have a great day. Live a beautiful life.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

it looks to chunky...do you have finer yarn, or maybe use thread? I love the idea....

Carrie said...

I use to go swing dancing at the Georgia Theatre when I lived in athens (OMG-that was ten years ago)

Jennifer said...

Thanks for your willingness to participate in both projects; I do appreciate it.
And I'm glad we're friends too Teresa!

Becky said...

I think as long as you like the process of making some thing then even if it is a failed project its still not really "failed" because you were doing something you enjoyed to begin with. Hope that made sense lol

Darla said...

If at first you don't succeed... I think you should try it with ribbon ties at the end instead of the chain. I see lots of lace/fabric neckpieces these days that have pretty ribbon ties.

Darla

Elizabeth Prata said...

"Have any of you all participated in a Rocky Horror Picture Show Event at the GA Theatre in Athens?"

not in GA but I did in Providence RI years ago...

I don't think the evening would be wasted per se...I really do admire your trying.