Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 14 - time for an increase in prayer

Day 14 has been eventful and productive. Let me start by explaining the title of this post. The Softball Princess is now a fully legal under 21 driver. Got those license this morning and drove herself to school in the rain. Scary - the first time out by herself and it is raining. Thus my prayer time and staying up late worrying time just took a dramatic increase in intensity.

She also got her high school class ring last night at the ring ceremony. I am a bad parent - got no pictures of that.

Mommy update over.


These are the two journals that gave me the most grief. I wanted to use the wooden letters and then it was a struggle to find stuff in my stash to really work with the paper I covered the letters in. The little monkey face is a cheap plastic game like you would get in a bubble gum machine. It has little spots to drop the little balls into. The monkey is glued to a library pocket, so the owner can put notes into it (I'm making one for me with this feature - for my grocery lists, etc.) Once I got on track, I really like how these came out. Thinking teacher gifts here.

The journal on the left also gave me a little problem. Attaching the snowflakes to the tag. They are charms and had the little place for a jump ring that looked funny. After much pondering, I simply cut the little loops off and glued these in place. Problem solved.

The last two that are now complete. Damn I hate it when you finish something to sell and then fall in love. The baby picture is a scan of an "adopted relative" photo I thrifted. I made the little crochet flowers. The watch faces on the second one are vellum scrapbook embellishments. I have a question - is there a trick to working with vellum? I spent a long time cussing because it wanted to roll up on the edges. I used a vintage post card back - just because it was a great graphic. The calipers are a Rebecca Sower designed sticker that came from somewhere.


Now before I go, I want you to go see what the world's coolest grandmother did for her Sugarwings grandbaby. I met Karla at the En Le Jardin art workshop and she is such a sweet person. Talented - yes. Funny - yes. Loves that baby - no doubt in my mind. While you are over there look at the archives for the fairy trail she made for the same baby girl. I will definitely keep this little paper towel trick up my sleeve for future reference.


I have a beautiful life. Yes the stress of teen drivers just increased, but it is still a beautiful life. Y'all have a fabulous day.

2 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Aw, thanks. I am a bit goofy in love with that baby!

Darla said...

The journals are all great. My favorite is the same one you chose, the one with the baby. They should do well at the craft show.

Darla