Friday, September 04, 2009

Day 4 --

I left this drying last night in MaggieGraceWorld.

A cute little bird tag - actually not all that little - it is a 4x4 inch square. The bird image is a scan that I printed by accident onto textured sticker paper. I actually printed several of these onto sticker paper accidentally - I was in a hurry and forgot to reload the printer. I had no idea what I was going to do with them, so I piled them into the stash and promptly forgot about them. Last night I decided to try and see if I liked bigger tags made for the Show. I do like these, so I'll be making a bunch of them to use up all these misprinted images.





I was in the studio a LONG time last night. Like 2+ hours.




I have been working in this little area and frustrated by the space issue. So I started last night on one end of this counter and cleaned and put away all the sh*& I had piled on it. I cleaned and tossed and put away papers and items that should have been done as I went. Guilty - making stuff is so much more fun than cleaning up. That is, until it becomes a source of frustration. Then it requires a concentrated effort to fix before I can relax.







Look what the end result was --- room to work --- YAY. The coffee can is a catch all for the crap I have no idea what to do with. All of the white backsplash area is dry erase board so I can make notes - etc - let me tell you how handy that is I can write measurements or lists or brainstorms easily. Love it. I also kept a long skinny leftover of the material and use it to make to do lists or shopping list stuff on - a true piece of junk that has turned out to be very handy.



Another handy feature is the ruler countertop edging. Love it too.



Now here's the list I promised



Yes there's a lot on there -- some will be edited off I'm sure.

I have a beautiful and busy life.

Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

I am such a messy crafter I usually end up working in about a six inch square area when I have a huge table - just need to clean it off! Love the 'use what you have' goals you've set. Would love to play along, but I'm starting to work on Christmas gifts and am not sure I could make that work.

ellen said...

Great tags and such a nice workspace.
I think your mid-life crisis is quite creative and positive. Good for you for being in charge.
Have a fabulous weekend.

Darla said...

Those bird tags are quite nice. I have a wooden checkerboard that I think is just like yours.

Darla