Friday, April 10, 2009

friday night lights

they started out being nice little stadium lights. senior night for the soccer program.

took the day off - things were under control.

oh shit -- lightning and we move everyone quickly from the football field to the gym.

complete the senior recognition. the man at my address goes home

oh shit -- emergency tornado sirens

move everyone AGAIN into the school hallways and bathrooms of the concession stand.

me running (quit laughing) around the parking lot getting kids into a safe location.

siren off -- all clear -- me and the softball princess start home

oh shit - high winds - large hail - pull into a driveway and enter a home unannounced (lucky its a small community and they know us - no guns involved)

finally safe to drive the rest of the way home.

chipped windshield on my new used car from the hail - paint literally beat off my house by the hail - college freshman ordered to stay put until safe.

oh shit - kidney stone pain - again ---- thunder - lightning - wind - hail - kidney stone -

good night ------

1 comment:

Darla said...

Good Heavens! All that in one day? I think you deserve a nice long nap.

Darla