Thursday, April 23, 2009

Spring Beauty is all around

I love how this community shares and expands. My Google reader log on Monday had some 600 new posts for me to browse. I am fortunate that I can do that while at work. I can also craft and read during slow times. Google Reader makes the blogroll browsing so effortless.


Anyway.


I always check Once Wed. I am not planning a wedding, but so many of the beautiful features can be adapted in many ways. It is a gorgeous, well presented blog and one of my favorites. I followed links and wound up here. This was several days ago. Take off - go see. Then please come back here.


I promptly ordered the wood veneer cards from Lee Valley Hardware. Also ordered some other things. The service was incredible and the prices are very reasonable.

Here is my adaptation for a swap I am in.

Punched with Martha Stewart punches. Then stamped (I have no idea who's stamp this is) I bought it on clearance at Hobby Lobby in torn packaging. I keep them in cd cases and newer ones I have the mfg information but that is new to my organization system.


Just a better view - the stamp says "beauty is all around." I like all of them but I love the green colored ones most and I love how the stamp is so versatile in it's swirly goodness moving around and about the punched images.
Keep an eye out - those positives that did not break in the punch process will appear again.


This is all spread out on my desk at work. Yes, that is a Pooh makeup box in the background. When we were loading stuff for the thrift store, I grabbed this KNOWING that it would be a great box for carrying projects and supplies. It will be joining me at the art workshop in May.
One final "great idea".

I do not have one of those acrylic blocks for stamps. I have used picture frame glass and even the acrylic keychain tag at times. You know I am forever improvising. Well last night I was in the house looking for a way to do the stamping (already in the pjs so not willing to traipse to the studio) and stumbled on this idea. Softball Princess got an ipod nano for Christmas and this was in the box of boxes that we keep. The container it came in. It holds a few stamps on their mylar strip and functions as the block to adhere them to for use. Liking this a lot.


Hope this finds all of you having a wonderful day.


No comments: