Monday, April 27, 2009

whew - glad that's over

The good is always beautiful,
The beautiful is good.
from The Garden by John Greenleaf Whittier


Sure am glad the weekend is over. Busy - hurrying from one task on the do to list to the next - just to try and get it all done. I marked all of them off the weekend list too - that feeling of accomplishment is great - but I sure am exhausted.


I packaged up all of my swaps for en LeJardin. The are going to the PO today to head off to Andrea's and be combined with all the others participating. Too fun.


A close up of the little boy picture that I attached to the outside of the bags. Talk about inexpensive (but way cool) packaging. A brown paper lunch sack - lace - and a stem of the flowers I made for my home show.



I stacked them all along my ironing board - set up in the living room for the project - I needed another surface because the dining room is full of an 8ft x 10ft mural being painted. College Freshman came in for the weekend and stopped dead in her tracks. "Those are really pretty"

God I love it when I get that kind of validation. I liked them, but to have another of my household members give me positive feedback is great.

I am getting more excited about this workshop. I have orders to take good notes, lots of pictures, and start thinking about having a local workshop. Lannae has even offered to help and participate.

Have a wonderful Monday.

3 comments:

Lannae Johnson said...

Can't wait to plan something locally! Remember...take wonderful notes! I'm LOVING the packages. Have a fantastic week!

Darla said...

I'm with your daughter, those are really pretty. I know the recipients are going to be thrilled.

Darla

ellen said...

Very pretty and so creative. What a girl.