Monday, April 13, 2009

just for Lannae

I hope you guys had a wonderful Easter holiday. College Freshman was home and played volley ball - Softball Princess had a tournament. We actually had quite a bit of family time - so it was a good weekend.

However, I cried at church yesterday. We have always sat as a family at the Easter Service. When we went in yesterday, I was instinctively looking for a spot for 4 people. Softball Princess found three chairs in the back and the reality that the College Freshman was not with us was painful. I watched families all together and cried more. I know - its a little over the top - but I missed her.

She and the monster boy were there for dinner though. That was nice.

Sorry that the last post left some people wondering what to say. It was more about recording the night than anything. The remains of the storm will have us painting the house - it looks like it was sandblasted from the hail and driving rains. There may also be a roof replacement needed - crap.

Now for fun stuff - I was asked for a donation to a silent raffle to benefit the church's Relay for Life team.

Here is what I came up with..........

Look carefully - you will see the photographers reflection in the stone. Look at the lichens on my tree - gorgeous.

I really wanted to keep this one for me.

I also like how the color pops against the red leaves of my Japanese Maple tree.
It was a wonderful weekend - all but the storm and the kidney stone thing. I'm still taking drugs and drinking way more water than I thought possible. Maybe beer would be a better option.
Have a great day ------



2 comments:

Lannae Johnson said...

Thanks for the blog dedication! You know I'm loving the pendant....looks like we might have a bidding war on our hands!!! That color is fantastic!

Dana said...

That is really pretty!! I love the softness of your needlework, around the hard stone!!! Great job :)


Dana
d09@goldingers.com