Thursday, April 30, 2009

It is finished........

I really think some of you may have thought I was joking about that mural taking over my dining room. Take a look.


This room is 17 by 15. pretty large. Because I know the question will come - those are vintage chairs (they were the Man's grandmother's) and they seriously need to be rechromed and recovered. I have all four of the set. The curtains are department store crochet lace tablecloths folded over and hooked on wrot iron plate racks.

I worked in the dining room to avoid the weather and hauled the crap from the studio.

As I was cleaning up last night Softball Princess and the Bugg Boy came home from church. This really good looking and super respectful young man help carry all the "stuff" back to the studio. At least both of our girls are involved with boys who treat them well. (Thank you, Lord) This boy is "all boy" - like adventure - motorcycles, boats, skateboarding, etcetera -- seems emergency room visits are fairly routine at their house. That's a little scary.

I needed to see the entire mural to finish some details, so I spread it out on my front porch (you can see a full view of the house here). My friend Rebecca and I are both Breast Cancer Survivors so we are the Breast Friend Champions Team. Maybe that explains why the "mainstreet sporting goods" store has a decidedly PINK tone to it. The theme for our Relay this year is Mainstreet USA and since our onsite fundraiser is marshmallow guns and the softball girls are team members we chose the sporting goods theme.

I feel much better getting this finished -

Tonight I am off to Atlanta to spend the night. I'll be at the World Congress Center all day tomorrow for the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show and Conference. Then Relay tomorrow night. Then maybe some rest will be in my future. Although there is the possibilty of moving a game table to a new home on Sunday.

MaggieGrace will see you guys on Monday.

Have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Tipper said...

Well it turned out great!