Tuesday, April 07, 2009

stuff

I love the dies from spellbinders. I bought the scalloped circles and thread on tags before Christmas and my latest purchase was of the winged beauties and timeless heirlooms.

I knew what I was going to do with those winged shapes. More of my button butterflies. Add in a new dragonfly and what the softball princess says the one on the right really looks like - a moth because of the colors. The moth was diecut from a book page with an embossed stamp on it - a screw up experiment idea that I saved anyway - now I am glad I did. Hope you guys like these too.


Saturday I thrifted several items at the flea market and antique store -- look

A cross stitch bird plate - love these colors. It doesn't match my china pattern but the colors work. Total expense 1.75.

Then there was this. I saw it sitting on the ground at the flea market. It is missing two knives and a few spoons - do I care - I am cutting them apart for bracelets anyway. When the seller said 8.00 including the box - I jumped at it. I think I may use the box for my cash box or maybe a craft case. Well see.


A metal frame in the 1.00 bin. I'll be spraying this one a different color and more silverware 8.00.
A very thrifty day indeed all for less than 20 bucks.
Have a great week.

2 comments:

Darla said...

Good thrifting! You have the beginnings of lots of jewelry now. Love the button butterflies.

Darla

Linda Jo said...

Great stuff! Love the silver and the box especially!