Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Thinking Spring

And using up bits....

As you regular readers know, I keep bits and bobs. The end of a spool of crochet cotton. A coffe cup sized ball of yarn. Even a yard or two of a yarn scrap. I even have the remaining yarns from latch hook kits - different colored piles of 3 inch long acrylics.


Once I finished the Aphabet piece, I wanted a craft project. You know - one of those with instant gratification capabilities. That has no glue drying time. So I gathered up some of those bits.

Crochet flowers - there was enough of this gorgeous salmon color left from a baby blanket edging to make 15 of these. I made about 15 more last night in white while watching stand up comedy dvds. I have some peach and yellow and then some varigated bits too.

The bowl shape in the back will become a nest. I'll weave bits of ribbon, string, and lace into the crochet stitches and line it with excelsior(sp?) before adding either a little birdie or a decopage egg.

The finished items will be added to the box for my booth in November or used in other creations along.

I also have another framed mixed media piece started.

It was nice to just sit last night and laugh and create.

The Man at my Address was on the computer, Softball Princess on the sofa, I was in my red recliner. We laughed - we talked - I crocheted. It was a good night.

Hope this finds all of you having a wonderful day. We are getting more rain today. Local experts are proclaiming the drought temporarily over. It is all good.

1 comment:

rebecca said...

oh i love little crocheted flowers. such a fun way to keep your hands busy. sending love...