Thursday, October 08, 2009

Man - I slept great

Not one step into the studio last night. Softball - we won - then I stayed and helped with the cleanup at the end of the night. When I got in the car, College Girl had called wondering where I was. She was home and wanted to talk. I have missed the kind of conversation we had last night. Real, involved, wonderful. I know she is growing up, and my function as her Mom is changing, but it felt so good to have that time together last night. She kept saying "I know you want to get to the studio, but just a few more minutes." So guess what - I took all those minutes I could.

I had both my chickies home in the nest and it was wonderful. I snuggled into my bed, knowing that all was right in my world.




The photo above is the first step in my Penumbra project. The name of this one should give you an idea of where I am headed. This one will be called "the world was her stage". Penumbra is derived from two Latin words meaning almost shadow and I have had this sihouette idea for a long time. The shape is covered with cancelled postage stamps from many countries and I have an idea to cover the back. I'll trim this tonight and show you tomorrow what the silhouette shape is. My favorite stamp is almost dead center - the orange floral one and I have a few more to put into some soldered charms.


Something happened to Softball Princess last night that has never before. She has been playing defense only for several games - struggling with her bat right now. But last night Coach pulled the girl batting in her position and subbed Abby in. Not knowing what was going on, the opposing coach deliberately walked my child. Catcher standing to the side and taking 4 pitches. Every one around us cracked up. This is one of the most unlikely batters to be walked. After the game, I called LBF and caught him up on the outcome. I asked Abby if she wanted to tell him about being walked like that since it was so unusual. Using her dry and twisted sense of humour, she responded "nah, let's just pretend like it happens all the time." TOOO FUNNY.

Here's a candid of The Man at my Address watching his baby girl play ball. He runs the sound system for the announcer and the music at the games. This man loves softball and even more important, this man loves his girls.


Taking 1/2 day off to watch more softball today and hopefully tomorrow.


Ya'll have a wonderful evening.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

(scratching head) I don't get the softball stuff. So, SBP is struggling with batting, so she probably would have struck out, if pitched to normally......so it was a big boo-boo for the other coach to walk her....right?

Can't wait to see the silhouette, is it a dragonfly?