Monday, October 05, 2009

Good Monday Morning

Well - despite my best of intentions, there was no housework on Saturday. I found out about a Mountain Festival from Tipper. We have an October wedding anniversary and this was the last weekend available for a trip before Thanksgiving, so off we went. Me super excited and the Man at my Address going because he felt like he had to. I hoped to meet up with Tipper, but alas there were thousands of folks there and that was not to be.

We had a fabulous time. I love talking to all the vendors and seeing the true handcrafted items of a juried show. It was a beautiful day for a mountain drive too. A little early for the fall color, but still a great day.

Out of respect for the vendors, I have no pictures. But I will say the day was well worth the time and effort it took to get there. Funny the last mile took more time than the 25 mile drive over the mountain from Helen, Ga to Hiawassee, Ga. It would seem that the turnout for the Festival was beyond expectations.

I did get in some studio time on Sunday.


With spoons polished and bent, I started digging in the stash for "bits". My favorite of this group is the laser cut Cross. The paper in the background is mulberry paper that I tear to take advantage of the soft frayed fiber edges. As everything in my collages generally has meaning to me, the little bit of red is on top of the black paper - a symbol of the blood shed for my sins. The phrase says Amazing Grace and was snipped from the index of an old hymnal.



If this one doesn't sell, I will gift it to someone. I have had that little snippet saying "Brave Love" for a long long time. When I spotted the ragged and holey mulberry paper and the broken button in my stash, I knew. I thought of my friend's strength in loving a disabled family member. A person who is "broken but still so beautiful" to all of us. This message speaks so to my soul.


Not as happy with this one. the text lost it's impact when it darkened. I may redo this. The flower is a snippet of lace trim and it says "the spirit of love".

More tags - some beaded earrings - round out my creations.

Tonight will find me cutting handles off vintage tableware. Just gruntwork, but still necessary. I'll also be starting a larger collage piece.

Have a wonderful day.









1 comment:

Tipper said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the show-but sorry we didn't get to meet-but they'll be a next time I'm sure!!

Love the spoons-you are so creative!