Friday, October 02, 2009

Day two - October -

Welcome to all of you who have come over from Dawn's place. Thank you Dawn for providing the linky love too.


Using the above image from here (Dawn's place again) and a few other items taken from the stash. I created a very useful item last night. I also polished some spoons. I'm posting this project because the act of spoon polishing is so photo worthy LOL.

This was an easy project. I took a massive flour sack towel that I ran across at a Fred's Discount Store in a pack of 5 and added to the stash.


My Dritz transfer pencil. I love these pencils. I get mine at JoAnns, but I need to watch the Hobby Lobby sales ads to see when they are on sale.

I printed the image off my word processor onto basic plain old paper using the import grahics function and sizing the image like I wanted it. Using my high tech light box - aka my glass studio door and masking tape - I traced the outlines using the transfer pencil.

Flip the image over on the corner of the towel and iron the lines on.

Stash floss and an hour of Grey's Anatomy.

Here is the result.

Two cute little acorns on a flour sack towel. These go with the dragonfly towels for the inventory. More of these to come.

As you repeatedly use the transfer made with the pencil, the image will get lighter. Just go over the lines again with the pencil. Did I mention that I love that pencil????

Also you really should spend some time going back through Dawn's Archives. She has a beautiful blog, full of inspirations, full of linky love, and full of downloadable images.

Have a great weekend.

PS - the ankle injury is improving quickly - I'll be back at Boot camp on Monday and will try to squeeze a couple of walks in this weekend.

2 comments:

Darla said...

What a great fall project your acorn embroidery is.

Darla

Julie Ann said...

Oooh how cute!! I had been dying to try embroidery, so I bought a stamped pillowcase set because I wasn't too sure how to transfer images onto material. Your towel came out beautifully and I'm sure they will be snatched right up! (Along with a crocheted watter bottle holder!!) :)