Monday, October 12, 2009

Sparkle the wonder dog!!!!!

My studio mate. Poca. Oh, she looks nice and subdued in this picture. But in reality, she is a terror. She has discovered an open box of ribbons within her stretching reach and she helps herself and out the door she goes - I find myself running out and rescuing ribbon from the front yard. Wonder girl here thinks it to be quite the fun game.

Oh well - she is only three months old and is learning how to behave a little more each day. She sure is pretty. If you look closely right now, she sparkles. So do I. So does the floor in the studio, the counter too, the path to the house and the floor there as well. Why sparkles???

I bought theses kits who knows when. This is why there are sparkles everywhere. I don't care how careful you are with glitter, it gets everywhere. These kits are wonderful - of course they are - Martha endorsed them.

A closeup of a finished bird. The kits come with some glitter colors, but being the crafter and stash builder that I am, I had even more to pull from and use. The way these work is amazing. To minimize cross contaminating colors, I label individual sheets of paper and work each color off it's own sheet.

Here I am getting ready to add red to these birds. These are peel off die cuts. You peel the release paper and sprinkle the glitter on the super sticky adhesive revealed. You repeat each color as needed. Once glittered, the backing peels off the same way.


The card edging has the same kind of adhesive. Glitter gets everywhere. I worked for hours and completed 16 of the cards for the art show. (Remember I have to add ribbon rescue missions to my time factor) I'll have 15 to sell - one has the butterfly upside down. I was tired and not paying attention. I'll be using that one for myself, because I have friends who will find that particular mistake very funny.




This tray of goodness will be this weeks project. I had all the spoons already cut, so early Saturday morning I deburred them and bent the spoon bowls. A word of caution if you are deburring - DO NOT CHECK THEM THE WAY I DID.


I would take each handle or spoon - work on it with my dremel drill and a sanding stone bit - then drag it across my lower lip to check for burrs. The result of an entire morning of this activity - a fever blister looking open sore on my bottom lip. Did not even realize how bad I was scratching my lip with these until hours after it was over. Actually, I was at the grocery store with my mom when she said "what is wrong with your lip?" Took me several minutes to figure out what happened.



After deburring - I polished and polished. Starting by hand and then working with the dremel polishing kit. Ending by hand washing them and letting them air dry.

Some of these were almost black with tarnish when I started. You can see how filthy my hands are after working with the polish in this picture.


Anyway - I had a highly productive weekend.


Oh yeah almost forgot -- Softball Princess team is 8AAAA Region Champ -- the first region championship in school history. Win record right now 26-2. State playoffs start tomorrow at 3pm. More softball mean more crochet time for mom. ------


Have a wonderful day all --

1 comment:

Julie Ann said...

Poca is adorable!!!
Wow- that's awesome about SP's softball team! Sending good luck wishes!