Monday, October 26, 2009

Weekend at a glance.....

I don't know if Jennifer felt it, but I was pleased with the Penumbra Show traffic. There were costumes.


This is Parker and Hannah. Just so you know - when Parker puts this costume on he "becomes" the Joker. Hannah managed with lots of help to pull off the 80's "big hair" (Jennifer - clickable and in this case I kinda like the "red eye" on Hannah.)


Tim even got into the act. At one point he was in the street swinging the lantern and drawing attention to himself.

I know Jennifer is exhausted. It was a good night though.

What you can't see in this is my new brick walkway. It was dark when it was finished last night (many, many thanks to the Man at my Address) and it was dark when I left this morning. This doorway has magical powers. It is the entry to the TIME WARP of creativity. I can get on a roll in there and completely lose track of time. Last night it was well after midnight before I came in and went to bed.
I was working on ........



These. Coffee stir sticks. The phrases from Fidays post are associated with these. No MaryAnn, I am not delusional. It is correct Jennifer, I did not whisper any of these to you (or anyone else) this weekend.


I have packaged them as a 5 pack.


Then I second guessed myself.


How about singles - and then let everyone pick an assortment. Feedback here please. I did ask several local people their thoughts just can't decide.


I was in the barn last night punching scrap paper for hours with the Sizzix and my scalloped rectangle dies to make 100 non-suggestive ones. I'll finish the assembly of these tonight. The suggestive ones will be later in the week.


I may do some sets of more phrases ....


Merry Christmas
Coffee Break
Good Morning - leaving off the I love you.
Maybe some blank ones to write a message on.


Are these a good idea? I know that it would make my day to receive my morning cup in bed with a carefully selected message. I might even consider staying in the bed a little longer (you know). Also how about a teacher or friend gift of a mug, some tea bags or hot chocolate mix and a few stir sticks?


Do you have any ideas for phrases - g rated or other?


Please give me feedback here - I am second guessing myself - (again surprise) - and I know you guys will not mislead me.


Have a wonderful day.




4 comments:

Becky said...

I remember big hair! I had BIG hair! It does make me feel old to know that the 80's now qualify as fodder for halloween costumes.

Carrie said...

package them in 5's but have some loose at the show. Also, make cupcakes for the show and use them as cupcake flags.

Very Mary said...

oooh, i second what Carrie says!

Marti @ The Next Fifty Years said...

Oh yes, love them in a cupcake. Probably said because I don't drink coffee. lol