Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Are you sure it's not Monday again

Clickable image for you guys - scanned from a cigar box lid that Poca, the monster dog, chewed the corner off of.

Yes the vehicle on the rollback was mine.

Yes I am fine - there was no accident - just a mechanical failure. The fuel pump decided to crap. Luckily, it was in my parking lot at work, not on top of some remote mountain in North Carolina. That's where I am headed this weekend.

I missed bootcamp and was upset about that --- never thought I would be upset about missing running. I had my best workout on Monday night - that feels good. Time to bump my weight load on my strength training. The stretching and flexiblity moves are really helping me too. I need to study my food lists and really work on my meal and snack planning though. I have not done any menu planning so far, but with the holidays coming, I feel like I need to plan carefully and be ready for the temptations of the season.

I spent some time in MaggieGraceWorld last night. Cleaning. Putting things away from the last few weeks of intense creating. Evicting (exterminating) camel crickets. Rearranging a few things that I discovered would work better than how I had them. Planning a couple of easy peasy DIY tutorials for the holidays. Puttering away. Happy as could be.

Then I watched makeover night on Biggest Loser. I was really sorry to see Rebecca leave. But watching all the contestants cross that canyon was inspiring and seeing Rebecca crying as she approached the end of that 1/2 marathon was too. My next major fitness goal is to run/walk a 5k.

This week, post art show, is almost like the after Christmas letdown. I am not really sure what I want to do and there are no real plans for things that I need to do. I can tell you that housework holds no appeal whatsoever -- LOL.

I hope all of you have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Marti said...

Uh oh, poor Poca is really in the doghouse.

I just thought of you because I finally managed to work up my walking to a mile. 21 minutes and 38 seconds. My feet are killing me.