Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Thanks for the lovin'

I really am sorry if I offended anyone with yesterday's post. I was simply amused by the comment. When I saw it come across, I knew I had that old throne in the barn from an old program and I immediately knew what I was going to do. If you think I cannot be nasty myself - I have you fooled. You could ask The Man at My Address - he will confirm it for you. That behavior tends to emerge when my "buttons" are pushed or if to many people want too much from me. Oh and amazingly ANONYMOUS has chosen to remain silent for the rebuttal.. MMMM.

Let's talk about BOOTCAMP for a minute - Monday night was what we call Bleacher Busters. Steps, squats, and lunges in mass quantity, done in level and then unlevel positions. Hamstrings, thighs, butt, and even calves take a serious hit. Last night was more cardio and leg work - I hate mountain climbers. This morning it hurt to dry my toes. During the night, The Man at my Address informed me that I was snoring and needed to turn over. I whined "do I have too" because even rolling over in bed was painful - situps, pulses, planks, and crunches. The weather has improved dramatically here, so we moved outside for our workout. We (I) always push harder outside but the sunset as we ran laps was stunning.

The pix below is a sneak peek of a WIP. Another baby blanket. Worked on during Biggest Loser last night. I have not picked a favorite contestant/team yet but I have decided who doesn't really want to do all they can to regain their health and life. I did like the ribbon game - that might be fun to do with a group of youth.



I love this yarn - it is Bernat Baby Jacquard in the Berries and Cream 06412 color. I was doing a different pattern on the blanket, but I did not like how it displayed the color, so after some 25 rows, I frogged it and started a granny square and I love it. Yes I said 25 rows - I kept hoping I would pick it up and love it. NOT.

I will confess, it is incredibly difficult to crochet with a 50+ pound, long legged, squirmy, wanting to help, critter in your lap. I usually give up on the crochet and just snuggle the dog.

Hope this finds all of you having a wonderful day.

No comments: