Monday, January 04, 2010

WOW 2010 ---

Welcome to 2010. My Christmas and New Years was very low key. I was slightly sick -- of the cold kind through both holidays. Lots of sleep and couch lounging.

I do have just a few things to capture here.

The centerpiece above was one of my accomplishments. For a baby shower. Then I took the arrangement to the nursing home. I should do that more often. I did not give my name or association, just dropped it off at the nurses desk and told them how much I appreciate what they do for the residents. Many of our church members are there. Many have gone through there. It is thankless work in a lot of cases. The smiles I received were well worth the effort it took.

Now I want to celebrate just a few things.

New Years Day - my mama was at the house. I cooked the traditional meal. A first for me. It was all really good. College Girl was there - her boyfriend - all of us. At one time I found my mama on the sofa loving on the dog. That made me happy. We spent the 2nd half of last year in stormy seas and I really enjoyed having her there. We will work all this out (again). It's the right thing to do.

When she got ready to leave and opened the kitchen door, we discovered road kill. On the porch. That same lovable puppy had taken the time and multiple trips from somewhere to grace me with one decaying possum carcass as her prize for the day. Loving that cleanup job. YEAH.

I crocheted - napped - crocheted some more - watched a football game (or twelve). Amelia's baby blanket is finished and I started another one for a friend.

Speaking of friends. I got a text message on Saturday night - simply stating "LOOK AT THE MOON" -- it is wonderful to have friends and family who recognize the splendor of God's creation. A crisp, clear, COLD, night and the moon was spectacular. We were in a restaurant when I got the text and the Man at my Address never blinked when I jumped up - grabbed my coat - and escaped to see the display. He also commented that this would be blogged. Score.

Now - about blogging. I have a new (maybe) ANONYMOUS commentor. There are new comments on many of my posts and I would love to know who this is. Please drop your name in a comment or email me with you info. (you can find my email by clicking on my profile).

I am looking forward to 2010 with excited anticipation. My health is better, my emotions are better, my goals are attainable. It's a good thing.

I really want to thank Susan Young for something that happen yesterday at church. I have shared here the information about my sister's mid life crisis. Well there was money involved on my part and I said that my "emergency funds" had not recovered from that. In the discussion that followed, it was brought to my attention that maybe it was really me who had not recovered. That maybe my anger was holding me back from moving on. I think she's right. I have wonderful, kind, loving friends and I thank her for being wise in her manner of discussing this with me.

Sorry this is so rambling. I do hope you all have a wonderful start of the New Year. Here's to recognizing your blessings, trying to bless others, and sharing your creative spirits. Let's have the best year ever.

You know - I have a beautiful life.

No comments: