Thursday, January 17, 2008

Hodgepodge

My mind is flitting everywhere this morning. I have too many inspirations. Not enough time. And the weird -trivial - useless thoughts are demanding to be recognized. So here I am.

Thank you so much for the responses to the tequila primer yesterday. Apparently there was a little surprise to a researched and composed educational post. I am capable of higher learning - and able to complete a sentence when required. Although I am seriously out of practice. See I work with plumbers all day every day - and a plumber can turn everything into a sexual discussion - what with male parts and female parts and nipples and hangers and straps and such. Add the counter conversations about "me and seven beers watched it snow last night" peppered with loverly words that I general write like this-- s&*6, F$#@ - and you can understand why I am out of practice on normal, reasonably well though out conversation.


Take a look at what we found. Receipts from the 50's - in Mama Norvan's stuff - I guess. Drink receipts for the store they owned. From lots of providers. An entire cigar box full of these bad boys. (does anyone know about copyright violations on scanning and sharing these?)

hodgepodge thought number one. why exactly can a man not figure out that the one thing that will send the other person in the car over the edge could easily be prevented. We are riding together, his truck is in the shop, and he has been driving. Now when I see brake lights in front of me, I take that as a signal that I need to anticipate slowing down, and I start that whole process - decelerate - slight brake pressure. The man - no - he will ride up on the slow car then slam on brakes - resulting in me - drawn up and cussing - heart palpitations - bitching in the passenger seat. In my way of thinking all the bitching and ugliness could be avoided by simply trying things my way - I'm happy - he is not exposed to all that other s(*& that comes out of my mouth and those particular hard feelings are eliminated. But no - instead I think he just wants to piss me off. I told him this morning I will be so glad when I am in my own vehicle ALONE again.

Another receipt - for ammunition - those who hunt and/shoot will be stunned at this one. Also check out the Vienna Sausage price - at the bottom of the list. (Crude joke insert - beware -

Do you know what a vienna sausage is??? Potted meat with a hard-on.. )

I warned you to beware.

The ones below are gasoline receipts - gas was posted on the pump at 25.6 cents per gallon and cost the service station 22.4 cents per gallon.

hodgepodge thought number two - how the crap did I wind up committed to completing the winter wonderland decor before Sunday? - I got the list and - once again - I have afflicted myself with OVERYES syndrome. I may not see any of you until Monday. Of course - if I inflict harm on the man driver, I'll have time to work on the winter wonderland projects --- hmmm. Sanity takes back over - I need him to make the house payment.

Coke receipts - I like the one on the bottom right because there is no logo.

Hodgepodge thought number three - I am tired of this overwhelming feeling about money. There is never conversation about money at my house - only fights when it runs short. I have realized that this feeling is going to be there for at least 10 more years until we get the two monsters grown and gone. I realize that others have this same feeling and that we have very little credit card debt - UnAmerican I know - but I can't get past a year at college costing roughly the same as the money I make. The man at my house is silent most of the time and I just wish that ONCE I felt like I was talking with him and not AT him. (sorry Ann - tough day)


Hodgepodge thought number four. Why was I more disappointed than the children about having no snow this morning? See hodgepodge thought number two. Deep down I wanted today to be a get ready day for that project. Oh well - I'll be at the church tonight making an ice lake and a snowman picture scene.

Just so all of you know - I have censored some of the thoughts in my brain - there are many others that don't even justify the time to put them fully into words. I'm sure eventually they will explode into cyber space.

Have a great day -





2 comments:

Vallen said...

I love the corners of your brain, the way we get to wander through, and see what's lurking there.

You will make something terrific with those receipts, there is no doubt.

Anonymous said...

Teresa, please I want copies of those receipts from the 50's, Ann.