Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Luna Fairies



Good morning all. Just for the record - there was exercise last night. And also for the record - I can move today. I had all my hair chopped off yesterday - I love it - there have been mixed review to it - really short - easy - and I made an appointment for a "fun" color job (think Victoria McKenzie-Childs) I do feel better - Molly is right about the feeling better with the activity.


The to-do list for today includes getting off some very late Christmas gifts for three super nice ladies. Yes I am already behind from last year. But not as bad as it has been - I will get this off this week.


There seems to be a resounding amount of support for the weight loss / get fit movement. Keep that up folks - I have already found that putting something out here makes me more accountable. If the cheerleadning squad keeps it up - even better. I am thrilled when I hear from all of you out there.


More of those fairy butterflies at the top. Everyone who has seen them loves them. These are so much fun to make and I have plenty of supplies for them - so there will be more to come. Is $3.00 plus shipping too much to ask for them?? From the tip of the wing to the bottom of the tail they are around 6" long. The buttons and beads are a mixture of new and vintage. I need the extra money to go into the girls college expenses money - you know the stuff they need that scholarships don't pay for - and the daily crap you buy - girl stuff, food, supplies, etc. You will be seeing some things for sale here as I have them ready. The butterfly fairies at the top already have homes - I was looking for information with that picture. I will make more and get them up here.
Speaking of money - don't you hate that after Christmas feeling of tightness? I was just discussing that with someone. I always feel stressed about money this time of the year and this one is no different. I will say that not one purchase was placed on a credit card - not this years - or even several years prior - so I guess I am in better shape than many people. I still hate that slightly irrational feeling of panic that follows the holiday - like if something came up - I would not be able to handle it. CIP helped a tremendous amount this past year with being prepared and I look for 2008 to be even better. Maybe someday I'll be independently wealthy and this won't be an issue - note looking for rich uncle or aunt here or a winning lotto ticket.
I should not be looking forward to a work weekend like I am. But like I have said the evenings are mine - I'll be trying to solve a problem with a beanie hat (a technically challenging special request) and working on the blanket. Gas logs - a pitcher of margaritas - a dvd of shrek or some way cool tunes on the cd player (thank you JenB) - and my crocheting - sound likes a wonderful evening to me. I really don't enjoy eating out by myself when I travel - I tend to stay in and either order room service or in this case - cook ( yes that's a 4 letter word) I think it is less expensive and safer in the long run.
Pampering myself on these trips has become a way of life and I am incorporating the things I do on the trips into my day-to-day activities. I light candles - take time to have a drink (everything in moderation - yeah right) - listen to a cd or the silence - etc. This is incredibly difficult to do with everyone coming and going in the house. I know it will be easier in the separate space that the studio will afford. It is so close - I can't wait.
Have a wonderful day.

5 comments:

Fete et Fleur said...

Yea for you Teresa! Your doing it!! I have been completely inspired. It is time for me to do something too. I'm not sure what I really want to do yet. I've been thinking about joining Curves. But maybe the track running thing would be better. I'll let you know what I decide.

Hugs! Nancy

Darla said...

Hi Teresa, I somehow got way behind on what your are doing but I'm going to catch up today.

Looks like you are "doing" more of those cool butterflies for one thing.

Darla

Mrs. G. said...

I am officially requesting a photo of your cute hair. Like now.

maggiegracecreates said...

Okay Mrs G - new hair pics tomorrow - promise.

Vallen said...

Yes, hair pics are in order. I have got my pom-poms out and waving in the air, cheerleading you into the finish line.