Friday, January 18, 2008

Portrait of a weekend to come

edited to add - we have decided to leave tonight instead and take the safer risk - I don't mind driving it was just the weather that leaves me uncomfortable. have a great weekend --- t
Early - and I do mean early - Saturday morning we are supposed to leave from here. (Meadow Baptist Church is next to my house in Comer, GA)



And go to a prep school gym near here ... Chattanooga, TN - some three to four hours away for a volley ball tournament.

And according to the weatherman it is supposed to do this....

Meaning snow then extreme cold. I don't do snow and ice driving. I rolled my car in these weather conditions when I was pregnant with Molly. I am stressed in those conditions. I am from the deep south, we are not experienced snow drivers -- duh. It is gonna piss me off if we drive it and then they call it off.

Weighing options this morning - go early and possibly be stranded. Wait it out and possibly drive in this mess. Wait it out and don't go at all. WTF.

MaggieGrace gave into the call for extra rest last night. Achy, sore throat, low grade fever. But today is better.

Maybe an update later on the plans. Have a great Friday.

PS - Ann - Charles found that box going through the old house. Says there is more stuff around. We need to clean that out while it is cold weather, but you can have the receipts. I want just a few and I want to scan some of them to use for a few things. I would love a copy of some of the store pictures to frame against these - especially of the kids up there and the mens poker/checker games out front. I just think it would be a fun way to frame them for everyone.


4 comments:

Elizabeth Prata said...

I am soooo envious of the ephemera. Good for you, what a happy discovery.

I say don't go. Danger and stress is not worth it...But I don't know what the effect would be on your daughter team-wise.

Anonymous said...

Teresa, great idea with the pics and receipts. Sounds unsafe for the trip...if you go please be safe. Ann

Mrs. G. said...

Be careful and don't take too much of a risk. There is nothing worth risking lives for. I'm a little sensitive because we had snow on Tuesday and, against my BETTER judgement, I drove to school and slid into a school bus. I'm fine, but my car took a small beating. Just be safe, and have fun if you go.

Fete et Fleur said...

I pray for a safe trip there and back for you all!

Nancy