Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A WIP from my Happy Place

It really is wonderful to feel good. I had no idea how exhausted and unproductive I had been before the surgery. Lethargy sneaks up on you and suddenly all you think about is taking a nap. Last night was one of the most productive I have had in what seems like forever.

I assembled the rest of the goodies for the Heart Swap I am in. (still figuring out exactly how to package these.) I cut out snowman shapes from some acrylic felt quilt batting. (I love this for baby quilts - washes wonderfully and is not too heavy) I save such small items - crazy I know, but I had enough to cut all those snowmen out from scraps.

I composed my letter for the CIP group. Made all those plans for the year. Packaged up 4 boxes to go to the post office today. Finished cleaning out the polar fleece bag and found some flannel that I have no idea when I bought. Made 5 more butterfly fairies. (the components for these have been laying on paper plates on the kitchen island for weeks.) Washed a sink of dishes. Reviewed the list of requested items from the top 5 college choices - things like immunization records and SAT scores. Ate some pasta salad right out of the big bowl( don't tell - I drink out of the big bottle of coke too.) Then after all that I crocheted two granny squares for the baby blanket.

Tonight - more snowflakes and assorted winter wonderland materials.


Several days ago, MaryAnn posted about her "happy place" and asked each of us to share ours. I thought and though about what to post. I am sure that the finished studio will become the main one and the brick floor in my living room really makes me happy right now - we have a fire in the heater and all that brick is so warm. All that said, I am going with this as my current favorite "happy place".


Gorgeous red leather recliner that I paid way too much for. I looked and saved for two years before I bought it. It sits where I can see my family. I can see the tv. I can see things that You have sent me. I can see dust bunnies organizing to take over, but the chair is so comfy I am considering allowing that to happen. The table is convenient (and horribly shabby - I am looking for the perfect replacement here as well.) I pull the lamp over after dark. In the corner to the left is a stack destined for the studio. The stack against the white island is floss and specialty threads within easy reach. You can see the crocheting in my bag that Vallen made for me. And everytime I see a picture of my floors I fall in love with them again - 100 year old heart pine aged by time and not machine. (don't look too carefully or you will spot the trimmings from the snowman cut out session)

Now let's talk about tequila. Mrs.G - left a comment about the tequila. I will start with a disclaimer - I AM NOT A DRUNK (most of the time) - have been in the past at times, but now I prefer to still feel good on Saturday morning. I have always enjoyed tequila - I liked the taste - I love the warm fuzzy feeling it brings through the veins when you have had just enough - and now that I am post 40 - I recognize that just enough is the key.

On a business trip to Monterrey, Mexico many years ago, we were exposed to a tiny restaurant that had a tequila menu. I ordered a sampler and discovered what I now call "real" tequila. What I had been drinking all those years was not of tremendously great quality. I have a hard time ordering in a bar/restaurant here now because of the difference. The tequila I buy is expensive (I have paid almost 100.00 for a bottle) I keep it in the freezer so it pours like syrup and runs across the tongue with an unmatched smoothness. There is no burn only bliss. It is truely a sipping tequila. I mix drinks with it - even a significant amount is undetected until you feel the effect. I save the tequila experience for special moments when I have the time to appreciate all of those qualities. (Miller light is a much cheaper option when you come home and announce that you intend to get drunk - so stay the hell out of the way) So a trip to Mexico has created a tequila connesieur and contrary to the song I have never had it "make my clothes come off".

Have a wonderful day.

5 comments:

Vallen said...

That's my girl. Tequila has any curative properties - truly. And lime juice has lots of vitamin C. Put 'em together and you have a very restorative drink.

Mary said...

But...What *kind* of tequila? I love me some margaritas, too, and maybe they'd be even better if I knew what to buy next time. Do tell!

Unknown said...

Thanks Teresa - now I want a shot of tequila before I go to the the gym. :)

Anonymous said...

Tequila makes me speak in tongues.....I fly high after two drinks of any kind with tequila .. and once you have had that really good tequila you don't want to have any other kind.

Elizabeth Prata said...

OOOOH! Awesome chair! I can see that, and I'm not even drunk.