Monday, January 14, 2008

Snow on the beach ....

I am back at my desk. Had a lovely trip. I left early from work and didn't have to drive the entire trip in the dark. I slet horribly on Friday night - I was hot AND the motion detector light outside the bedroom window continually was on and off most of the night. I was more than a little uneasy at times.

On Saturday evening - there were tequila based mixed drinks - 1/2 bottle of wine - and a viewing of THIS .....

Molly and Abby got the dvd for Christmas (please don't question my parenting skills). It is one of our favorites and we over and over have watched it. Yes - it is a weird cult classic and has some messages that if unexplained in real life could be disturbing - but we love the humour and the participation aspect. The DVD comes with prompts for the actions. For those of you who have no idea what these pictures represent take off over to Rocky Horror Picture Show Official Fan Website.

While I ate and watched this - it began snowing. Big, lovely flakes. None just alike.


Whoops - looks like a little too much alcohol was involved in this picture. These will be part of the WinterWonderland scene next Sunday Night. Anyway, what do you when you are really tired of tiny scissor cuts and it's cold and you have gas logs in front of you. The movie is over - but you're not ready to sleep.

Why "this" of course.

You grab a blanket and a crochet hook. I created two prototypes for the hat request. Signed sealed and delivered for real world testing - more about that later - after the testing phase is completed. Once I finished those I took out the squares for the blanket - and worked on those. All the while sitting on the sofa in front of those logs all wrapped up in a cheap hotel type blanket. Oh yes - I enjoyed my evening - I accomplished a ton - I was able to talk to my family - a first for this location (thank you verizon wireless) - I slept better Saturday night (maybe the wine) - got up early - and got home in time for a dinner out with the volleyball team.

I am adhering to the choosing to take care of myself feeling that I have when I travel like this. I was relaxed and I really need more of that in my day to day life. The perspective that it gives me to pamper myself is fresh and wonderful. I deserve to feel this all the time and I will guard against losing it. I won't be going back until later in the spring (I will not miss any of Molly's senior activities). This weekend - she and I will travel and she competes - I'll be right there with crochet bag in hand - this time the baby blanket and maybe a hat or two for sale.

Have a wonderful day.



3 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

You and your tequila...beautiful combo.

Felicia said...

LOL RHPS is definitely a classic not to be missed. :)

Very Mary said...

Let's do the time warp again....