Thursday, August 13, 2009

An adorable interruption

This little lady came to visit with us last night. Abandoned at our church - a very sick momma dog and 4 pups. The Softball Princess looked at me with those big pleading eyes and sweet little bit here got in my car. She is smart - and already follows the Softball Princess everywhere. Daddy has already said - don't name that dog. But she slept in the house last night and she is locked in the bathroom as we speak.




Now that we have College Girl moved back to the dorms for the fall, I was able to get out to MaggieGrace World last night. I started gathering bits for a piece of collage art. This one will have the phrase on it that titled a previous post.

I have a beautiful life.....

We went to eat at Zebs BarBQue and I was distracted by thoughts of this artwork - so I rushed home and started gathering - mostly to keep from losing the idea.

All the bits are stacked on an old broiler pan that we found in the old house at my inlaws.




The crochet doiley is a purchase item that I tea stained. I made the crochet rose. That gaudy red heart will get a coat of sheet music and fun embellishments. The whole thing will be against a backdrop cut from a player piano roll.





This should be fun to assemble - I'll glue down the backing tonight and possibly get a layer of paper on that heart.

Have a great afternoon.

Anybody near Athens Georgia need a puppy??????

4 comments:

Julie Ann said...

omg- what an adorable little puppy!! Are you suuuuure you want to give her away....

Becky said...

Aww who can say no to that sweet face? It sounds like she belongs to you already, it will just take the Man in your house longer to admit to it - lol.

Carrie said...

awww, she is so adorable. I'd take her in a heartbeat if I didn't think I would be disowned for it. What are you going to name her? She's so pretty.

Carrie said...

awww, she is so adorable. I'd take her in a heartbeat if I didn't think I would be disowned for it. What are you going to name her? She's so pretty.