Thursday, August 27, 2009

I got an award

From JulieAnn over at Kitchen Floor Creations - I am flattered. She is a creative soul like many of us.

Anyway I am supposed to list 5 things I enjoy doing -- don't worry, this has been censored. And add 5 people of my own to give this too.

1. I make things. All kinds of things. It makes me happy.

2. I like to cook - I cannot believe that I just put this on the list, but I do enjoy cooking and as I get my kitchen arranged like I want it there will be even more enjoyment of this activity. I especially enjoy trying out new recipes and finding that low fat and calorie foods do not have to be low taste foods.

3. Relax with a Margarita (or sweet tea) and music to fit my mood.

4. Support my girls. I don't love softball, but I do love watching Abby play softball.

5. I enjoy my job - weird huh - but my current job is the most fun place I have ever worked. Yes we have bad days - but the good ones far outweight the bad ones.

Now five people -

Lannae - jewelry designer - love her stuff - can't wait to see what she brings to art market in November.

MaryAnn - one of my very first cyber friends. Generous - kind - creative - witty. Love this lady.

Karen -Junking in Georgia - I really want to spend time at the mountain house with her. Look back at all her gorgeous pictures.

Vallen - the Queen herself - colorful - fun - inspiration - and she is a crafting and cooking machine.

Carrie - a voracious reader - a new mother - and in my opinion has a way cool job. Love this girl. Add to that she is creative too.
_________________________________________________________________

Now from my world -

Puppy needs to figure out how to keep her yarn ball a little neater when she is crocheting. When we got up this morning - she had it strung all over the room. I'll have to work on this.

My house is almost primed. Yes - he may finish is by cold weather.

ALL CAPS AS A SHOUTING CELEBRATION PHRASE ------ A TEENAGER NOTICED MY WEIGHT LOSS AT CHURCH LAST NIGHT. I was frustrated that I can't see it myself, so I needed this boost. Then I went home and tried on clothes that I had outgrown. I have some favorites that are classic cut pants and skirts that I kept because I wanted to be able to wear them again. I can tell that I will get back into them now. MOTIVATION....... Thank you Katie.

Got a phone call early this morning - seems puppy decided to play the escape and chase me game with the Man at my Address. He was not having a good day.

I hope all of you have a good day - guess what -- I have a beautiful life.

5 comments:

Karen Junking in GA said...

thanks for the invite I've posted my five on Junking in Georgia .. good for you on the continued weight reduction.. way to go! I'm working on a felted wool project will let you know how it goes

Darla said...

I'll check out your links, a couple of them are old friends but the others are new. Always room for another blogger friend.

Darla

Carrie said...

Thank you for the shout out!

Have you gotten a crate for the little devil? They work wonders! I can't to see the new you....hopefully before your show.

Lannae Johnson said...

Thanks, Teresa! That is so cool. :)

Very Mary said...

Many thanks, dearest! I'll post mine tomorrow!