Wednesday, August 12, 2009

She's back...

The College Girl is back on campus. Seems getting her back to school has been technically more difficult than getting her in last fall. She has a new admissions person - who apparently is an idiot. We checked all the boxes - but the scholarship monies were not dispersed correctly - then the rest of the stuff just has not been smooth at all - she was supposed to have a voucher on her loans for books - not done. I may get to drive back to school this afternoon - to deal with all this. AAAACK!!!!!!! eta - all worked out - thanks to Sandra in financial aid.





Moving her back was so much different yesterday. It was just not emotional at all. We had a great time setting up her room with one exeption. The shower in the bathroom was nauseatingly filthy. Mold - OMG - it came off the walls and floor in chunks - kid you not - chunks. I scrubbed the shower myself using 3 cans of foaming bubbles - followed by a wipedown of undiluted liquid bleach. Gross ---





Now after a day off - I came in to find this note on my desk








Any note starting with horse hooves and ending with ky jelly requires explanation. Turns out a coworker was researching liquid glycerin and it is used in all the things listed. But you do have to admit this list is a little scary to find on your desk. LOL -- comments appreciated --





A little updated photo. Please ignore the squinty eyes - we were looking directly into the sun when this was taken. After boot camp on Monday - it was 101 degrees when the workout started (in the sun on the football field). I have lost 23 pounds - and one pants size - about a third of the way to goal. Hot sweaty and gross.



Left to right - Becky - me - Margaret. The three of us spend a lot of time together - our girls are softball players.




I will say - yesterday - I could tell a huge difference in my strength and stamina while we were moving College Girl in. It is not easy - but as long as I can see improvement in some area, I can keep going. Even if it being able to do one more situp - or one more push up - or one extra press - or ten extra feet in a sprint - it serves as reward for making the effort to keep it up. The hardest part for me is turning in the driveway to the school. I will be posting sporatic pictures every now and then just to see if you can tell a difference.


This was taken earlier this spring -



Those are some good looking young ladies - wish mom was tall and thin like them. I can see some differences in my face and neck so far --

Have a great evening.

2 comments:

Very Mary said...

At least is didn't say KY Jelly for horse hooves. THAT? That woulda been way weird.

Julie Ann said...

About that note on your desk... All I have to say it... "www.ppchampionships.com" (I work with all men....!!!)

And congrats on your 23 lbs!!! I agree- I can totally see the difference in your face and neck in these pictures! Way to go!!!